Price rise for Canola oil imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price rise for Canola oil imminent

I have been reliably informed that the price of degummed canola oil (from Kojonup Oils in WA) will rise on 1/11/06 from approx $0.77/L (in 1KL lots) to $0.86/L.
    Large volume purchases will be affected proportionately.

I believe that this will be reflected in degummed oil (and eventually for food grade oil) prices across the country.

If you are planning on buying degummed canola oil, better buy before 1/11/06.
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 12 October 2006, 01:30 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Price rise for Canola oil imminent

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    I have been reliably informed that the price of degummed canola oil (from Kojonup Oils in WA) will rise on 1/11/06 from approx $0.77/L (in 1KL lots) to $0.86/L.
    Large volume purchases will be affected proportionately.

I believe that this will be reflected in degummed oil (and eventually for food grade oil) prices across the country.

If you are planning on buying degummed canola oil, better buy before 1/11/06.
    Tony
    Another flow on from the Caltex announcement to add 2% Biodiesel to their fossil based diesel fuel?
    G

Comment

Any price rise is more likely due to the drought and the subsequent drop in production. I saw a report on this only the other night.
      Peter

VW Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI

Comment

Originally posted by gwalker View Post
        Another flow on from the Caltex announcement to add 2% Biodiesel to their fossil based diesel fuel?
        G
        No, more related to the poor production this season. The Sydney Morning Herald ran a story on monday profiling one farmer who was going to strip his canola crop for hay because the lack of rain had meant the crop hadn't seeded, and therefore wouldn't produce any oil for this year. He was looking at only receiving around 10% of the income he expected for oilseed. This wasn't a manageable situation the farmer could have avoided. No rain, no seed, no oil. Even those farmers fortunate to receive sufficient rain in the appropriate growth phase of their crop will still have reduced yields, and the limited market will drive prices up.
        Just because Biodiesel is a renewable resource, doesn't mean it is an unlimited resource. We still need to recycle WVO to produce as much BD as possible, and still make efforts to reduce consumption.
        Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

excuse me all:

since I m from outside of Australia, I have to ask the dollar price mentioned here is in US dollar or Australia dollar.
          who will also kindly tell me the lately wholesale canola oil price per ton in the country.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bitz121 View Post
            excuse me all:

since I m from outside of Australia, I have to ask the dollar price mentioned here is in US dollar or Australia dollar.
            Oz $
            who will also kindly tell me the lately wholesale canola oil price per ton in the country.
            In my forst post, I quorted the price of canola oil as $0.77, increasing to $0.86 per litre. With an SG of around 0.9, this would give a price per Metric Ton of $855 to $955.

thanks
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

who will kindly explain what 'biofuels' and 'biodiesel' stands for?

cant find them in the dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                Any price rise is more likely due to the drought and the subsequent drop in production.
                The rise in Canola prices, the falling production due to the drought, the difficulty in obtaining the Government excise rebate and the falling crude price are all having a drastic effect on the share prices of Australian Biodiesel Group and Australian Renewable Fuels.

It would seem the markets don't see a bright future for BD producers.
                Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Biofuel is the name given to any fuel from a renewable source. So Ethanol would be a biofuel, vegetable oil, Hidrogen, Methane if produced artificialy as opposed to extracted from the ground etc.
                  Biodiesel is more specific and refers to a diesel fuel made using vegetable oil as the main component.

There are new plants that recycle almost any organic waste into oil and metals so I suppose that petrol or diesel made from that oil would also be Biofuel.

Comment

Forecast price for Canola for Summer '06 harvest now at $500 per tonne.

Pressing costs $90/T
                    Total cost of pressed canola = $590/T
                    Depending on the price received for the canola meal, the nett cost of the canola oil can be:
                    For seed with 44% oil content
                    Meal Price Canola Oil nett cost/litre
                    $300/T . . $1.04/L
                    $350/T . . $0.97/L
                    $400/T . . $0.91/L
                    $450/T . . $0.85/L
                    For seed with different oil content, the nett costs of crushed canols will vary.
                    These prices are exclusive of transport, storage and other infrastructure costs which may be needed to handle the oil, seed and meal.
                    With the drought and reduced feedlot yardings (due to higher feedstock costs - due to drought) the meal costs may not rise sufficiently to allow economics to support the use of canola oil in 'on-farm vehicles'.

Prices and calculations provided by a Farmer who has been using canola for farm machinery fuel. Based on these figures, he will not be continuing with this during the next year. Should meal prices rise or canola prices drop, he will reconsider at that time.

Regards,
                    Tony
                    Tony From West Oz
                    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 30 October 2006, 02:03 AM. Reason: Added details.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Working...
                    X