Any Gold Coasters out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gold Coasters out there?

I haven't actually run bio diesel or waste oil in my car yet, but I have a 2003 Citroen C5 HDi common rail turbodiesel and am eager to give it a try.
    My thought was to start blending up to 5% filtered waste vege oil with diesel, but if anyone in my area has bio diesel for sale, I'd be willing to try that.
    I live in Mudgeeraba, and am happy to come to you if you have spare oil or biodiesel, or if you know of sources of waste oil on the Gold Coast, please reply.

Update 16/05/2018: I have found a source of filtered UCO (Used Cooking Oil) from a recycler on the Gold Coast, at the price of $850/tonne, which works out at about 78 cents per litre. The only catch is that you have to buy a minimum of 200 litres at a time, in a 205 litre steel drum. I have no way of transporting such a drum, and don't need that much oil at this point. If anybody in this area has a ute and a steel drum and wants to buy some of this oil, I'd be interested in hearing from you. I would be happy for you to store the drum at your place, if I can pay you for whatever I use. I am thinking of filling 5L and 10L containers to add to my tank and blend as required.
    AusKiwi
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by AusKiwi; 16 May 2018, 04:00 PM.

Re: Any Gold Coasters out there?

Member Gemspec has a HDI peugout 406 that he runs on 100% bio. It has the same engine as your Citroen. If you are going to run Bio it needs to be well made, with no soap or drop out.

Comment

Re: Any Gold Coasters out there?

I am not in a position to make biodiesel. I live in a townhouse with not much room in the garage and don't want to get involved with chemical fumes etc. But if anyone on the Gold Coast is making biodiesel I am happy to pay for it. Or if anyone on the Gold Coast can spare a few litres of filtered used oil, I would like to try running a blend to reduce my fuel costs. Diesel just shot up to $146.9 here, and I am not happy to be paying nearly $100 for a tank of fuel.

Comment

Working...
      X