JET POWERED Biodiesel supercar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET POWERED Biodiesel supercar

Cool. A JET POWERED Biodiesel Supercar. I could live with it.

YouTube - Leno Unveils Jet-Powered, Biodiesel Supercar

Re: JET POWERED Biodiesel supercar

It's pretty cool, but Jay Leno obviously doesn't really know about biodiesel from his quote "when it runs out of fuel, you just grow more corn and wait for the harvest" - You make ethanol from corn, not biodiesel. Still, it's all good.
    It's also good to see biodiesel making it in a jet turbine! I would have thought ethanol would be more suitable for this, but I guess biodiesel does win on environmental grounds.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

BIODIESEL JET POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Does this mean in the future we could choose to fly Virgin because Richard Branson has a conscience and pioneers burning biofuels in passenger aircraft???????????????????????
      No Terrorists are gonna Kamakazy an aircraft full of fuel that has a flashpoint higher than whisky, and is safe for the environment.

Comment

I think it would be more likely that McDonalds, KFC and other resturant chains would be going into bio fueled airline industry. They would be Waste veggie oil companies in their own right and therefore fuel self sufficent.
        Richard Branson may soon have some new competitors.

I can see the forum Posts Now....

"Hi Everyone,
        I'm interested in changing my companys fleet to using enviromentally friendly Bio fuels to help reduce our operating costs by 250 million a year and have a few questions.
        Most of our fleet still have less than 50 million miles on them so we don't want to take any risks with such low milage equipment.

Can anyone tell me if BioDiesel or WVO will work in a boeing 747 400 series, 800 series, A380, Dash 8, BAE 146 or Airbus 330-300?
        Has anyone had any problems running WVO in Pratt& Witney, General Electric and Rolls Royce Gas turbines?

Will using Bio or WVO void the manufacturers warranty?

I have heard that the fuel lines will need to be changed to use Bio or SVO. Does anyone know if Supercheap Auto sell 4 inch Diameter Viton fuel line in 500 meter rolls?

Has anyone had any problems in trans-atlantic flights with filters plugging at -65 centigrade?

How many pounds of WVO will a " Cubee" hold OR, how many Cubees will it take for 187,000 pounds of WVO for a 747?

Where can I get a 24 port pollock valve with 2" ports? Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Can anyone reccomend a good single tank WVO kit for an Airbus A380 or a 2 tank Biplane conversion for a Bae?

Where is the best place to collect oil? We are currently collecting from 1367 resturants but need a little bit more oil. Anyone know where I might be able to pick up an extra 850,000 pounds a day?

I have found some of those cheap disposable filters in 3/8 but does anyone know where I can get them in 2.5 or 3 inch size?

We are currently looking for a filter system to do about 100,000 pounds of WVO an hour. Does anyone have any pictures of similar systems they have built themselves at home and could post up here?

We are looking to build a Bio diesel reactor. Does anyone know where I can find an old 50,000 litre water heater?For this reactor, should I use 3/4 or 1" lines and will a 1/2 HP pump be ok or should I go all the way to a 1 Hp?

Has anyone had any experience with Avtur/WVO blends seperating out at 40,000 Ft?

For a WVO fuel system, will heating the oil to 800 oC from the the N2 turbine be hot enough or should we install electric heaters? If so, how many dozen would we need per engine?

Thanks for your help,
        Geoff Dixon. "

And think of the increse in profit for the fast food companies as well.... We all know the fish and chips smell that comes out of a car, Imagine a few aircraft belching out that smell at the rate of tens of thousands of cubic feet per minute and distrubiting it all across a city a dozen times a day! Fast food industry profits would skyrocket overnight!

I don't know about terrosits giving the planes a miss but I bet some of the oil companies would be thinking some sinister thoughts!

Comment

Jet engines normally run AV-TUR/JET-A (high grade kerosene), so it is easy to convert them to run on diesel. For those in SE-QLD, the Swanbank power station has 2 Rolls-Royce jet turbines which have been converted to diesel to be used as backups if the main (coal-fired) generators fail - and to assist with handling peak loads.

Maybe we should get swanbank to run them on biodiesel instead???
          Cheers,

Ben.

Comment

Jay's obviously pretty short sighted. Respect = 0.2

Comment

Cool car. However to call it environemtally friendly is a bit of a stretch. How many HP/cubic meter of emissions to move one or two people?
              I should talk, driving a Ford 250 V8 hehe.

Anyway, to the comment of "corn". It may sound strange but corn is also harvested for oil production. It has a very light and clear vegetable oil that is supposed to be good to lower colesterol. So corn = biodiesel why not. No one said it ws going to be cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                I think it would be more likely that McDonalds, KFC and other resturant chains would be going into bio fueled airline industry. They would be Waste veggie oil companies in their own right and therefore fuel self sufficent.
                Not wishing to take from the OP but these companies obviously produce a lot of waste oil, already have a delivery and transport mechanism in place.

Where would their oil be going? Would they branch out or just be content to sell a "waste product"?
                Telegraph Point NSW
                Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
                Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

JET POWERED Biodiesel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it jok ?
                  It is impossible ?
                  http://brteam.ir
                  Biofuel Research Team (BRT)

Comment

Working...
                  X