Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel and turbo diesel peugeots

Hi there,
    I have just bought a Peugeot 405 96 SRDT and are about to start running biodiesel in it I have been making bd for six months now I pre wash, then spray wash it, then run it through a truck fuel filter It runs great in my hiace van so i think it should run fine in the peugeot but I want to check with other people on this forum that good quality homemade Bd is fine for turbo Diesel peugeots.
    Cheers To all readers and repliers !!!!!

Re: Biodiesel and turbo diesel peugeots

Peugeots are one of the most biodiesel friendly vehicles. My wife has just got a 2000 306 turbo diesel and I expect it will give her many years of faithful service on BD. There are very many forum users in here who own Peugeots used with SVO conversions and on biodiesel and I'm sure they'll all tell you there is nothing to worry about.
    The fact that it is turbo charged has nothing to do with the fuel that it runs, so go ahead and run it on some good quality biodiesel. Your car will thank you for it.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Make it well and don't skimp and it will be fine. I know of at least one other 405SRDT runnign bio. Lovely car too I must say, I drove my sister's a few years back and once the turbo spools up its a real peugeot!

Matt
      Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

I've had a 94 SRDT running on BD for 6 months now. Only problem I've had was tallow based fuel gelling during the recent very cold front. Since then I run at least 20% Dino Diesel. No fault of the car, just the operator taking a risk with B100 in a cold climate.

The SRDT runs beautifully on the stuff, go for it.

Sirus

Comment

Yeah, my 505 SRDT does really well on the stuff! It is such a quiet car now that it is on bio, it really is unbelievable! Just watch out for the cold mornings though as the start may be rough.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Working...
          X