THE REAL reason for importers not supporting Biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE REAL reason for importers not supporting Biodiesel

After nearly 4 months of having my intelligence insulted by nil informed clowns telling me the most ludicrous pile of rot as to why I can't or shouldn't run my C4 on Biodiesel.....& after sending every Citroen dealer in Australia the exact same email today with the question "Can I run My C4 on B30 conforming to standard EN14214"...I recieved the same old crap from all but 2 of them that said it was fine & one who said ring this number, it is Citroen Technical....Which I did & got on to some nice young man who gave me the same...eg European cars have heaters in their tanks so can run B30 where as Cars made for Aus are totally different...bla ..bla I asked if I could talk to someone who might know the answers to my questions & surprisingly, this young chappie said ...just wait a sec & I'll get someone....27 minutes later I spoke to a chaarming chap who admitted that he had no idea why it was Citroen Aus policy to only advise B5 ....As there had never been any distructive testing done on PSA engines with biodiesel of any kind, that he knew of, & as a consequence there was no proof anywhere that biodiesel in any of it's forms did any damage to any components in any diesel engine.
    So I have figured out the real reason is that we are all still living in the colonies & to use your brain when living in the Antipodes is just not the done thing....Who knows ....The sky might fall......Just because a bunch of commies in Europe use the stuff, doesn't mean that we should take the risk.

Re: THE REAL reason for importers not supporting Biodiesel

So, umm, in reference to the post's title, what is the real reason for importers not supporting biodiesel?

Comment

The real reason is that there is no real, logical, reason. Other than a wimpish attitude toward something that they see as new & untried. Not unlike the attitude of those that said the Wright brothers would never get off the ground. Negative & useless..I have been harassing Citroen (PSA) for 4 months now & have recieved not one jot of evidence that Biodiesel (made to EN14214 or higher) will harm their vehicles in any way shape or form. The reason for this is that no one has tested any vehicle with any detrimental effect. The question should be asked what they are going to say in a year or two when B30 is all you can get. Their attitude is pathetic & parochial.

Comment

Rafe, before I bought my 307 HDi termed as a T5 motor (same engine as citroen) I rang Peugeot and asked the obvious. I slightly pushed the helpful fellow on the line and commented to him that reading between the lines the PSA engines would run on B100. He just commented yes to this. He obviously could not contradict Peugeot Australia's stance or lack of it but I have not had any issues in now over 40,000km of B100. I make it well and am careful to wash and dry it fully.

Try it if you are prepared I do not think you'll have any issues. I personally know of one other more recent model (T6 motor) running B100 with no issues so far either. Peugeot mechanic said that this paricular car ran better than any other he has driven. Reason being that the low end torque from the bio improved performance.

I have had my other car dyno measured and it showed a 5% drop in power on my fuel. I would expect similar on most bio.

Regards,
        Matt
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
        X