Processor for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor for sale

I've been building processors for the last few years and I find that experimental stuff is accumulating in a way that's making the workshop (and my wife) a bit hard to negotiate.

This is a processor of 35 liter batch capacity with a dual purpose settling and washing tank of 80 liters. It was used for lab testing and makes fuel of a quality you won't believe.

Normal operation is to process a 35 liter batch in the black processor and then transfer the fuel to the blue tank for settling and then washing.

Extended operation is where you make two batches 'back to back' and pump them into the blue tank to settle together; total = 70 liters in around three days.

The processor is electrically heated and thermostatically controlled by the digital thermometer on the white work table. The pump is 375 Watts and really moves the reagents around.

The settling/washing tank has valves and standpipes to ensure a pure product, and the top cap now has a spray nozzle fitting for washing purposes.

The thing that looks like a compressor is actually a vacuum pump, and is used for sucking oil into the processor (no mess!) and helping to ensure the processor is completely empty when transferring to the blue tank.

It is all metal except for a couple of high performance rubber hoses (recently fitted), and completely sealed - something people trying to make fuel in high humidity locations will appreciate.

I've modified things a bit to make it all easier to use since the picture was taken, so you not only get what you see, but a bit more as well.

How much? Don't know. I'm intending to put it on EBay and see how it goes. I would like to get around $2000 as I figure at that price it would pay itself off in around nine months, depending on fuel prices, of course! I also know that building a decent processor is one of those jobs that takes a few days going on a year...

Re: Processor for sale

I am looking for a processor to buy. is this still for sale?

Comment

Working...
    X