Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol up for grabs

Hello,
    I will be purchasing a 200L drum of methanol very shortly, however I only require 60L. So, if you are interested in ANY of the remaining 140L please let me know....also, if you have a UTE/trailer/wagon or anything that we could pick the methanol up in, that would be terrific. The place is up in Tullamarine. It's very cheap, under 1$/L.
    Or, perhaps if you're just a generous bloke that's into helping out fellow biodieselers, I would LOVE some help picking this stuff up! My car is just a sedan and is a little out of comission at the moment....

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Methanol up for grabs

If you still want to sell the methonal I would be interested.
    I have just started exploring the wonders of bd and have not been able to find a supplier of methonal, I can get racing A at $4.40 lt but this also has acetone in it.

Comment

whitey's workshop in merrylands is a supplier at $205/ 200L or $1.30 a liter

Comment

Originally posted by Bale
        If you still want to sell the methonal I would be interested.
        I have just started exploring the wonders of bd and have not been able to find a supplier of methonal, I can get racing A at $4.40 lt but this also has acetone in it.
        What Is "Racing A"???!!!
        Is it ethanol denatured with acetone?????
        For those in the know in BD, you would have to agree, Pure Ethanol is impossible to come by because, naturally you can drink it.
        But if we are to be purists about zero fossil fuel burn it has to be looked at..
        But at $4.40 a litre it transfers to 88 cents in the litre of BD.
        darren leonadas
        Last edited by darren leonadas; 8 May 2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

"Racing A" is a fuel used in go carts and other motor racing sports.
          the acetone is to help mix oil for two stroke motors.

Thanks Alessa do you have an address for whitey's workshop.

Comment

yes the number is 02 8973148
            11 fowler rd merrylands west 2160

Comment

MMMnnMM, Merrylands in good old Shitme. Long Drive from Smelbs just to get Meth. imagine the freight costs considering fossil diesel just hit $1.40.
              A better idea for Victorians would be to join the melbournebiodiesel club and come to our next meet and club together with others who want to share a 44 of meth.
              Note in the top right hand corner of each post is that persons AREA. This can help us to avoid info from far away which is of no use to us.
              I still dont know what "RACING A" is???????????
              darren leonadas
              Last edited by darren leonadas; 11 May 2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

"Racing A" is Methonal with 3% approx acetone.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                  Im probably a bit late but I could help you out next wednesday 24th May and in town (melb) for about 5 days with trailer. If I am too late could you reply with your suppliers details.
                  Thanks
                  Stuart R.

Comment

Stewie,

welcome to the forum. The palce for methanol is MD Motorsport in Tullamarine. I think there are in Lillie Cresent or something like that from memory. They are in the phone book. Best price you are likely to find. You must buy the 44 gallons of it though.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the help, grabbing some meth- slowly slowly getting closer to the day I can snub my nose at little Jonny Rotten and the oil addiction.

Comment

Hi Guys just wondering if the Methanol offer is still up for grabs. I'm very interested. Cheers.

Comment

Hi Sorry Guys I've tried MD Motorsport Tullamarine and there's nothing listed under that name. Is there another name they could be comercially listed under? Also Is it possible to get in touch with Whitey's workshop if he's supplying Meth. What's the number or address there?
                          Cheers.
                          Snuff
                          sp445@hotmail.com

Comment

For those in the know in BD, you would have to agree, Pure Ethanol is impossible to come by because, naturally you can drink it.
                            But if we are to be purists about zero fossil fuel burn it has to be looked
                            at..

''Hi'' I have just registered as a new member, I'm new to Biodiesel & have recently made a 1 litre sample using methanol that I purchased in a 4 litre container.
                            I also purchased at the same location 100% Ethanol is this the one you are saying is hard to come by.
                            Can this be used to make good quality Biodiesel ??

Thanks Frank

Comment

Hi Sorry Guys I've tried MD Motorsport Tullamarine and there's nothing listed under that name. Is there another name they could be comercially listed under? Also Is it possible to get in touch with Whitey's workshop if he's supplying Meth. What's the number or address there?

MD Motorsport
                              Unit 2 35B Lillee Cresent Tullamarine PH: 9338 7477

I rang them this morning (22nd May) They have 5 x 205 Litre Drums
                              at $185.00 each
                              205 Litres is a bit to much for me at the moment I would be happy
                              with 60 Litres but they only have the big drums.

Comment

Working...
                              X