Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Flyer

Bio-folks,

I searched and couldn't find the thread from a year or more ago about the contents of a flyer asking to collect WCO. Anyhoo here is what I have thus far. I would appreciate suggestions and any more "soft facts" (non shocking and interests the lay person).

Please use this as a template for your own groups.

This is designed to fit an A5 page with appropriate headings and spacing. Thus facts and figures are limited.

BTW, I've omitted the fact that I would save over $300 a month in fuel costs which allows me to drink more and slap my children around more. Ahh gotta love biodiesel. ...JOKING...

Free Waste Oil Collection

Would you like to make a difference to the environment?

Our community is looking for waste cooking oil to collect and turn into Biodiesel.

What is Biodiesel: It’s an environmentally friendly alternative fuel that runs in diesel engines. Biodiesel is biodegradable and will quickly break down.

It drastically reduces exhaust emissions: One of the documented benefits is the massive reductions in green house gases. A car running on Biodiesel will have Carbon Dioxide emissions cut by as much as 90%, Sulphur by 100% and Carbon Monoxide by 48%. That equates to a reduction of over 2 tonnes per car every year. (I think this weight in emissions is conservative but I can't find a source. Its an average from a council that runs a fleet of cars with a total mileage of 180k a year with over 45000 tonnes of emissions. These % reductions are close to the money however)

Reduced dangerous particulate matter: That nasty smell from Diesel trucks and old diesel engines are “aromatic hydrocarbons”. They can contain cancer causing compounds (carcinogens) and can be reduced by as much as 80%.

Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Not sure about who to source this from. Someone established and has credibility - The UN perhaps?)

If you are interested in making a difference please call the number for collection.

Enter number here
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil
Working...
X