New here, looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, looking for advice

Hi everyone. First off, I apologize. I'm sure you guys get tons of these kinds of posts, and are probably sick of it. But anyways, I'm looking to get into the use of WVO. I want to convert a small/medium diesel truck to run on a two-tank system.

Where should I begin?

I've started a bit of research, and it seems that generally there are reliability issues. How can I address these?

Does anyone know of any good platforms to build from? Both in terms of what two-tank kit is good, and a good/extremely reliable truck (from America).

Also, where is a good source for fuel? Sure, I can probably go up to McDonalds and get some oil, but how should I go about testing it to make sure it's good?

Thanks in advance.

Re: New here, looking for advice

I run an 80 series Landcruiser that allows you to fill two separate tanks from one point by pulling a knob to divert the fuel from one tank to the other. I know that one of the F250s (maybe 10 years old) ran a two tank system, but I am not sure if you can choose to fill one at a time. This would allow you to transfer vege in one and diesel in the other. If you can't find the same them you will need to add another filler point.

I understand there are plenty of places in the US that allow you to take your car in and they will fit a SVO kit for you. I would ring around and ask them what they recommend or what they use as the workshop truck.
    Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series 1990 VX Ltd - 12HT powered- diesel for run-in period (no longer 1HDT).
    190L vege oil LR tank and 90L diesel, Vormax, 30 plate FPHE, two automated 3-way ball valves with delay to prevent mixing on purge.

Comment

Working...
    X