Bielenberg ram press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bielenberg ram press

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Bielenberg ram press???

The Jatrophabiodiesel.org group does not answer emails...

Re: Bielenberg ram press

Hi PATUCAWARRIOR,

We're an Australian biodiesel forum, I've personally not heard of this brand, but you may be lucky if someone here knows the answer.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

A version of this manual oilseed press is made by 2 companies in PNG.Not sure where you are , Warrior , where is "DC" , Washington District of Columbia ?Also made all over Africa.
        I am told by experts that this press is more useful as an exercise machine , as output is low and effort high. I tried a poor copy from Myanmar recently with copra ( coconut meat , dry) diced and heated , with dissapointing results.I think they work OK with soft , small seed like sunflower.What do you want to expell ?There are small cheap bridge presses using hydraulic car jacks which are reasonably good.Motorised screw expellers ( ie Tinytech) are the way to go , but cost a few $ooo plus shipping.
        I also tried to get the design of the Beilenberg ( open source ) to no avail.
        Jatropha.org could not help , nor US Approtech.

Comment

Go here to "Kickstart" formerly Approtec Kenya who sell the presses and will ship them overseas.

KickStart: The Tools to End Poverty

Comment

I know this is a long way back 2006, can you give me names and contacts of companies making these presses in PNG. As Iam in Bougainville that is likely the closest source.
            Thanks
            James
            12/8/10
            1030hrs

Originally posted by timorcoco View Post
            A version of this manual oilseed press is made by 2 companies in PNG.Not sure where you are , Warrior , where is "DC" , Washington District of Columbia ?Also made all over Africa.
            I am told by experts that this press is more useful as an exercise machine , as output is low and effort high. I tried a poor copy from Myanmar recently with copra ( coconut meat , dry) diced and heated , with dissapointing results.I think they work OK with soft , small seed like sunflower.What do you want to expell ?There are small cheap bridge presses using hydraulic car jacks which are reasonably good.Motorised screw expellers ( ie Tinytech) are the way to go , but cost a few $ooo plus shipping.
            I also tried to get the design of the Beilenberg ( open source ) to no avail.
            Jatropha.org could not help , nor US Approtech.

Comment

hi James,
              will go through my files soon to find reference to the PNG engineering company that made these press's , located in Lae I seem to remember.

I'm guessing you wish to expel coconut oil.

There is a newer technique for producing CNO that is much easier , needs far less capital investment and gives much better oil ("virgin " standard that can be readily used for food or fuel).It does not require the copra drying stage , using fresh grated kernel and a few plastic containers. These coconut graters are widely used throughout Asia and are cheap , but need an engine. I used one with a 3hp diesel running CNO fuel.This machinery is cheaper than the manual ram press.And won't wear out your workforce!

Private message me your email address and I will send all the details.

regards , John

Comment

John,

If you can dig out the contacts with those companies I will be grateful. We can then see if they still make them. We want to look at village level oil processing so an engine is really not suited.
                If I knew how to private message you I would.
                I will try and work it out.
                Thanks
                Jamers
                13/8/10
                1415hrs

Comment

I have the Bielenberg ram press plans...

My Honduran work can be seen at campesinossosa.blogspot.com...
                  Where can I send these to you via email...

Sorry for the delay...
                  Life on the farm keeps one busy...
                  Our Jatropha work has been put on hold until we get our Agri projects online...
                  PATUCAWARRIOR
                  Biofuels Forum Newbie
                  Last edited by PATUCAWARRIOR; 17 August 2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X