Any XP with Izuzu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any XP with Izuzu?

Hi I'm driving a Izuzu Bighorn, 1994 on BD for almost half a year now. I am not happy because the filter rarely lasts longer than 1000 to 1500 km.
    We also run a Toyota Truck and a Mitsi L200 ute on the same diesel and never had to change the filter once in any of them. My Varnquest tests are absolutely fine, so I assume the Izuzu just doesn't like it
    Has anyone experience with this type of car. I am seriously considering to get a new car but then there is the issue with the right choice again .
    Any suggestions of which make is especially suitable?
    Thanx Petra

Re: Any XP with Izuzu?

Hello Pitti

It sounds like you have a contamination problem somewhere in your fuel system. "Crud" in the fuel tank would be the likely cause.

Comment

Hi Tilly,
      we've emptied the tank completely twice now, still the same.
      Just read something about "weaning" your car? What you think about that?

Comment

Just forgot. When we emptied the tank there were lumps in the fuel that looked like slugs. Perhaps something is dissolving along the way?

Comment

Hello Pitti

I think "Weaning" falls into the same category as the "Natural Rubber" fuel lines used on pre 1995 cars.

I would buy one of the $3.99 clear plastic inline fuel filter Super Cheep sells and put it before the main fuel filter and see what gets caught in it

Have you looked into the tank to see if there is anything sticking to the sides or on the bottom?
          tillyfromparadise
          Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 16 June 2007, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Watch out if your tank is zinc plated (which some are) the biodiesel will take off the zinc and may produce these balls or slugs as you call them. Be warned they would not be good in the injector pump.

Matt
            Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Matt,
              While many fuel tanks are plated, I doubt that any would be zinc plated as diesel reacts with zinc, just a biodiesel and veggie do.

Regards,
              Tony
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
              X