Methanol Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol Suppliers

can anyone advise Methanol suppliers close to Bundanoon in the Southern Highlands, close to Moss Vale, Bowral or Mittagong. Thanks Sid

Re: Methanol Suppliers

I have been in the process of looking for suppliers for a while down this way and have not been able to find anyone that can supply in the amounts that I want. 1 to 5L is fairly easy to get but beyond that it gets to be a bit harder.

I am looking at going to buy from the Merrylands West address that is in one of the other sections.

I would be happy to work together if you wish. I am only new at this at the moment and am up towards the bargo area so not to far away from you.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Jacka, Yes I would be willing to work together on sourcing supplies. I am an absolute beginner at the moment and have yet to get my hands on a single litre of Methanol to do some SVO sample tests. However eventually I shall have to find a supplier and it seems at the moment the guy at Merrylands is the only option. Perhaps we can see what othet options come along through the forum. Again thanks your response and lets keep in touch. Sid

Comment

Hey Guys!
        I'm in Sydney at the mo and was planning on purchasing about 20L-40L from the Whitey's place in Merrylands on Tuesday or Wednesday. Seeing as its cheaper to buy a 200L drum, would you guys be willing to meet up there and split on one? I know it's kind of short notice, and I don't actually expect this to work, but it's worth a shot. Either way I'll be purchasing methanol there shortly.
        Fingers crossed!

Dave

p.s. would either of you guys happen to have any WVO sources near by?

Comment

I was asked this question on the Infopop forum. I have asked the poster to come to this forum to locate others who share his need.
          Hi Tony

I am trying to source cheap methanol in Oz and finding my cheapest cost is $6.94 per litre for 20 litre batches. What is your cost per litre and where do you get it from?
          As I am not in Syd, and I don't make biodiesel, I will pass it to you Sudney siders to respond
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Tony if the poster from infopop does just that and pops in here we can sure point him in the best direction.

At this poing we can do Methanol for about $1/L which is not to badly.

As soon as I can source WVO in the southern Highlands I will be buying supplies so I can provide methanol for those who only want small amounts. I am not going to waste my time getting small amounts but I will help those who are in the highlands and want smaller amounts. I will let you know when I start Just got to source WVO and finsh getting the cooker built
            Dave

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have been away so have only just returned to the Bio fold. I have found a supplier of Methanol in Goulburn so its convenient but not cheap. Its at a Mobil Fuel Supplier in the back streets (no street address) and difficult to find. They sell in 20 litre cans or 200 litre drums only ie not loose. It cost me $58 for 20 litres but I needed to get started and it would have cost me that in fuel to drive to Merrylands and back. When I reacted to the price the sales guy told me they had just doubled the price because there was suddenly a market (from us) Talk about supply and demand! If anyone really wants to access this supplier I will provide street by street directions. Sid

Comment

Hi Guys,

I purchased a 205 litre drum from Whiteys at Merrylands a couple of weeks back and the cost had risen to $225.00. The previous drum, probably only 10 weeks previously cost $215.00 - they told me all methanol supplies are coming from South Australia, that being the only plant in Australia producing it. They said they used to be able to get methanol which was made in New Zealand and imported into Australia via Queensland. Could be all talk but Whiteys is my only source in the past eighteen months or so.

Cheers,
                Spanner

Comment

Whiteys now charge $1.40 a litre for less than a drum.
                  George

Comment

I wonder if it is possible to do a group buy direct from the supplier/ manufacturer?
                    I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get enough Sydney Bd'ers together to order at least 10 drums which I would imagine would be a worthwhile amount for a supplier to be interested in.

If people would like to indicate wether they would be interested in this or have any details who the producers are, I would be willing to follow it up and see what sort of savings could possibly be made.

If the producers wouldn't supply to a group, the other thing I was thinking of was harrassing the very friendly and personable guy at Kleenco to see if he could/would start stocking some drums of Methanol. I'm sure if he could see a demand for it and a way to add some bucks to his bottom line, he would certainly consider it. At least that way all our Bd supplies could be had from the one place.

Comment

Thank you for offering to check this out David. Count me in as being interested!

Spanner

Comment

hi i got 200ltr of methanol from simpson fuel supplies in mittagong it cost me $240.00. they also sell it in 20ltr drums to for about $60.

Comment

Graeme, it would be a good idea to stick that in the Biodiesel Finder map (link at the top of the page) for others to see (with phone number, address etc).
                          Sean

Comment

Hey if your after methanol its available through Austorc Pty Ltd located at Rose Hill. Austorc are the distributors of Coogee methanol in nsw, Coogee methanol is one of the driest methanols on the market. You can contact Austorc on PH:9821 1128.

Comment

Working...
                            X