Peugeot 307 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 307 ?

Hi Guys , Yesterday purchased Peugeut 307 2.0 L Diesel 2003 mod. build date Oct '03. Read much of the forum info on 307's.
    Confused, my injection pump is Siemens FTP 6186-10/F which seems to contradict all the info for Bosch pumps or are they one in the same.
    Also tried hard to find the fuel filter, doesnt seem to be one apart from the settlement cannister, I went to Autobarn to see what fuel filter fitted that model, the RYCO catalogue does'nt have one listed, does anyone know if,and if so where the filter is located.
    Any info on the Siemens punp or the filter would be appreciated.
    My intention is to run B100 asap.
    I have been running a Rodeo 2.8 turbo diesel for 12 mths. on my own
    B100, 2400 litres.
    Regards Trevor

Re: Peugeot 307 ?

Sorry, can't be much help. I haven't a clue where the fuel filter or fuel pump is in my 307. Neither has given me any trouble at all. Did manage to find the oil filter though at 10,000km

Best of luck with your pug. If it's anything like mine, it'll run beautifully on B100.

Comment

Trevor, you at least have done the right thing and looked at the injection pump. Get in touch with Siemens and ask about the seals, this will help in the longer term in regards to B100

You have a vehicle with a fuel primer bulb, no lift pump and it will run fine on B100. Injector blled return lines may need to be replaced with Viton 4mm or 1.8" hose, I have a little left over and you don;t need much and it looks factory when done.

Watch out for this primer bulb, my sister has one like this and I found it had dried on the exterior and as cracking, so when I had to squeeze it to prime the system after changing the fuel filter it split, outside in. This is good news in itself since it has run B100 and no material problems apart from those mentioned have been found. bulb was pristine internally. I will check her high pressure pump for the manufacturer too.

The fuel filter is inthe large black canister at the front of the motor, it has a number (4) pipes coming into the top assembly. Watch out when doing the filter, the top of this unscrews but its generally so tiight you can damage the whole assembly. The filter kit has some plugs which I recommend you use particulalry on the main fuel line from the tank, as it draws back once opened and is a real pain to prime. Take the assembly out of the car and gently release the top, its unscrews. An oil filter tool helps. Filter costs about $35-40. Not hard to do, once a new filter is in fill the bowl with fuel so as to limit the amount of rpiming you need to do. Lines are quick disconnects, squeeze and release, then quickly plug!

Matt
      Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor w View Post
        Hi Guys , Yesterday purchased Peugeut 307 2.0 L Diesel 2003 mod. build date Oct '03. Read much of the forum info on 307's.
        hi Trevor ,
        I have a 2004 Citroen C5 with a similar 2.0L engine. Check out the thread at C5 to run on biodiesel - aussiefrogs which has some info from Pug 307 drivers included. Looks like there's no problem with biodiesel in these cars. I certainly have had no trouble running B100 in mine for almost 20,000 kms. My mechanic has inserted an additional Hi-ace fuel filter in mine, which I will soon change just to stay on the safe side. Don't settle for the cheap in-line filters. I remember being very apprehensive about my first tank of B100, but now i am sure it is much better for my engine than the petro alternative.

Cheers
        Flubber

Comment

Issues as I have posted before,

Injector bleed lines are rubber, 4mm viton to fix 30cm is enough.

Fuel filter housing, the sealant on the pressure sensor and the external connection is not bio proof, it will eventually dissolve.

Highpressure pump seals, the tight arse pr1$#ks used rubber in here despite having a viton seal in there as well, these will go (mine after about three years, 60,000km B100)

If were not for the cheap parts it would be a perfect bio car. Not insurmoutable but a pain in the rear all the same. Its on mineral currently.

Matt
          Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

MATT, appreciate your info on your 307, is it expensive to replace the offending seal inside the pump,and is a viton seal available to replace it with, and is there a recommended diesel centre/mechanic sufficiently skilled and knowledgible about bio-diesel to take you seriously, also there was some talk on this forum that the pump was Bosch, mine is Siemans, is yours the same?
            I am interested to know why you are not still running on bio.
            Email me on trevorw@dcsi.net.au and we could exchange Ph. nos if you like, I would like to keep in touch, with the other talk I'm not sure how long this forum will be here.
            Regards Trevor

Comment

Trevor I am searching relentlessly for info on seals for the bosch pump. Viton they must be. I have been in contact with bosch australia but they are no use.

The bosch pump is used in a variety of vehicles, freelander. mercedes vito van and others. There must be something out there.

It seems there may be one, I just spoke to a mob in Italy and they may have what I am looking for. Will advise. As I sent in my email they look like they have Siemens kits too in viton.

Will ring Bosch Australia tomorrow with this info and see what they have to say for themselves, may even get them to bring some over!

Will email from work one day soon and we will exchange ph nos. Might be a good idea to abstract your emaill address with at instead of @ to stop spammers getting your email address too.

Matt
              Matt
              Last edited by Matt; 4 April 2008, 12:08 AM.
              Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Hi Matt,
                I too have a Pug 307 HDI 2 litre, 2002 model. I've been running it on BD (mainly B100) for the past two years (about 30,000km).
                I have followed with interest your comments on the high pressure injection pump as about six months ago my car stopped and had to be sent to Peugeot at Dandenong (Victoria) as my local mechanic could not determine the fault on the computer diagnositic machine. Anyway they simply said that it needed a new HP pump and so they replaced it for over $2000!! I asked to get the old pump back which seemed OK to me and was not seized, etc. Perhaps it had seals which had failed and this lead to Peugeot replacing the entire pump. I was pretty disappointed that an entire pump needed to be replaced for over $2k. The mechanic there was not too bad and said that he didn't think that BD had caused the failure, but having said that he could not say why the pump had failed, other than the computer told them to change it.
                Would you suspect that the BD might have effected the seal(s) and hence caused failure to my pump? It is a Siemens one as had been mentioned in this thread.
                I haven't done the other changes as you mention - i.e. the fuel bleed lines and the sealant around the fuel filter.
                Anyway, please let me know if you have any information on suitable replacement seals for the Siemens HP pump. I would be keen to get these and have my mechanic change them out.
                Cheers Nick.

Comment

Not sure about the Siemens pump but iven the mode of problem with the sealant in the fuel filter it could easily accounbt foe this type of failure. Seals in the IP are easy to fix, and not expensive. A set for the Bosch pump were $34 odd, Siemens should be similar. $2K is far too much.

Matt
                  Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Working...
                  X