Pool Sediment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool Sediment

MY BAD< THE MAN LEFT THE FILTER ON RECIRC FOR TWO WEEKS INSTEAD OF TURNING IT BACK TO FILTER.
    I will leave this on as a tip for others.
    Sorry for wasting this forum on my pool, but i can find any other sites.
    i have a large heated pool with a sand filter.
    i have finally managed to finish the surrounds but found the pool was still filling up with sand. now i have realized its not sand but sediment.
    i have backwashed, shocked, over filtered used bags on all ins and outs. but still when i vacume, the fine sediment is filtered straight back in the pool. it starts with small piles near each outlet and over a day or so, gradually spreads across the entire pool. when we jump in and play it dissipates, but makes the pool cloudy.
    i cannot find an answer anywhere and am desperate.
    if anyone has any ideas, i will be most gratefull.
    thanks in advance.
    PS I have a toyota surf, i use BIO DIESEL in it. lol.
    Eaglewolf
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by Eaglewolf; 2 March 2008, 12:28 PM.

Re: Pool Sediment

Really? Not sure where to go from here... Does your biodiesel-powered Surf swim?

Comment

Gday, Vaccuum sediment after it has settled (may have to use a flocculant) with the filter on waste.You are pumping your pool water down the drain but i find that the sediment is not able to come back and haunt you. regards westwinds

Comment

Your sediment will usually be a buildup of dust and stuff from the air. Bing so it is very find and can pass straight through the sand filter. If you don't backwash the filter as often that can actually help by getting a buildup of finer particles in the filter and then it will trap more of the fine stuff. Just watch the pressure gauge and use that as an indicator for when a backwash is required.
        Regular vacumming, correct water chemistry, and then try some flocc as a last resort.
        Another thing that can cause a fine sediment is after you have neglected the pool and it has turned a green colour, then shock chlorinate it. The chlorine kills off the algue, which eventually settles out.

Summer is over, winter is just around the corner. Time to think about winter storage

Comment

YES ive battled with the same prob for years and have finally found a SOLUTION so to speak.

the chlorine i throw in leaves a sediment which 90% vacumes straight through the sand filter.

i now have a plastic container which stands at the pool edge,about 100 ltr.
          the container is light proof [to a degree, to stop chlorine breaking down] with a drain valve mounted about 50mm up from the bottom on one side.
          i put each daily dose of chlorine in this container and fill with the hose.
          when i add the chlorine solution to the pool each eveningjust before dark[as sunlight destroys it] the fine white sediment that has given me so much trouble is left settled in the bottom, to discard.
          I then recharge the container so it disolves and settles by tomorrow evening.
          takes me about 5 min each day, my pool is sparkling clear, and i only run the filter while i am doseing or actually in the pool,probly 1/2 hr a day

Take precaution with the chlorine solution as it is very strong and should be treated as a dangerous liquid.

If you are wondering about the sediment ect just put1/4 teaspoon of chlorine powder in a glass of water and watch it for a day or two,then stir it

Comment

Working...
          X