Bio-Diesel Survey conduted on Motormouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-Diesel Survey conduted on Motormouth

Thought people might be intrest in this survey that Motormouth ran on their email out which is questions on Bio-Diesel.

Very intresting responses. We could have a shortage of bio-diesel BIG time in dino keeps rising the way it is and people will but bio when it is 10c or more cheaper per/l

ps, the graphic could be slow to load for a couple of days as my connection is only running on dialup till T gets my aDSL back online
    Dave

Re: Bio-Diesel Survey conduted on Motormouth

The gate price of Biodiesel at the Rutherford plant is now $1.15/litre, principally because they have gone to nearly 100% Virgin Canola and Safflower feedstock to "winterise" their product. I hope that they don't see that they can permanently charge a higher price while petrodiesel climbs higher.
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Yeah Gunner that is the only concern I have

I have been watching all the local B50 volume plus sites and some of the other private B50 sites like Hot Spot on Argyle st at camden and they have B50 back at 134c on friday which it has now been for about 10 days but volume plus have at ingleburn and minto are still holding 139c

When questioned they said that was what the supplier was charging them, but 5c for a little indapendant like hot spot in camden is a lot to lose just to discount.

Make up your own mind.

I think they are charging that price cause they think no one will care well I have taken my 200L+ per week to hot spot at this point and he is loving us.
      Dave

Comment

Hi all
        Just for the record on the latest prices in so far as raw oil is concerned for the production of biodiesel
        Used oil at less than 5% FFA was quoted at $600 per tonne
        New canola oil degummed refined was quoted at $730 per tonne
        SG of oil is .92 so there is say about 1086 litres per tonne
        At 80% of biodiesel and 20% glycerin we get about 868 litres of saleble product out of a tonne of oil Add the cost of methanol wholesale at 42 cents per litre which is about 55 litres per tonne plus the acid a minute amount but it still cost's
        You also have the energy input for the process heat, water, etc as well as some margin for the manufacturer retailer
        Than you have to transport the product to the selling point and there you are
        It is not hard to see that the cost of producing the stuff is very close to $1 per litre at the factory door using new oil a lot less of course if the oil is wvo
        From my own experience the price of wvo has gone up by 60% in the last year from under $400 to $600 per tonne attributed to biodiesel demand alone not only here but from overseas buyers as well
        It may surprise some people to know the amount of used oil as well as tallow that is exported the competition from O/S has pushed it up there
        One can see that with transport as well as margins will push biodiesel up to about $1.25 per litre Now it is my view that is where it should priced at since the stuff is excise free but in hard reality I am dreaming so I console myself as others should with the price at the pump and produce a bit for myself However not everyone is in that position and for that I am a bit dissapointed
        At the end of the day we live in a capitalistic system, and I am sure that the producers of biodiesel will do it for no more reason than commercial gain despite what we as a collective in this forum think
        Cheers
        Chris
        Cheers
        Chris
        Never give up :)

Comment

Working...
        X