'94 Land Rover using Biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Land Rover using Biodiesel

Just wondering if anyone has a '94/'95 Land Rover 300 TDI engine running biodiesel, and if there are any problems with it.

Re: '94 Land Rover using Biodiesel

I'd just check on the composition of your fuel lines and seals. DON'T expect to get a sensible answer from Land Rover on this!!!
    I've asked them the same question a few years back and they spent all their time telling me that their engine was "too highly tuned" for biodiesel and were completely unable to answer a direct question about the materials that they used. You'd be better off leaving out the word "biodiesel" altogether and just asking them if the components in your car are suitable for the ULSD which has now been mandated in Australia, or whether you will need to change out any components, hoses, or seals for synthetic ones in time. Have a look at this thread for more info on this.
    You will discover, if you have not already done so that vehicle manufacturers spend more time making stuff up to cover their arses than they do actually researching stuff that their customers are asking them. The sad part is, that most of us still view them as the "experts".
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Amber,
      I am running my '98 300tdi defender on bio and have been for ages.

If you or your boyfriend want to chat to me about it I am happy to - drop me a pm and we can maybe arrange to chat on the phone as it is a bit quicker than tapping away for ever on the keyboard.

Otherwise I posted a pretty lengthy run down in the early in the life of the forum and you could do a search back to find those 2 or 3 postings. Just do a search on postings from me I think.

The only update I could give is that my injector pump and fuel lifter pump was replaced pretty recently but I had been running mostly petrodiesel for a little while as I had run out. There seems to have been a bad batch of stinkydiesel and the diesel injector mobs that I spoke to said they were being run off their feet servicing and replacing.

Whilst I was having that work done I also had my turbo manifold 'uprated' in prep for the new intercooler I am going to have installed from the UK which will increase both performance and fuel efficiency.

Cheers,
      Cameron

Comment

woops - I forgot to add that I am about to fit a new heat exchange unit from Helton (www.helton.com.au) to the fuel system that I am going to trial and give a write up for.

bad weather on weekends has been hampering my process to get it in and underway plus I want to take a few measurements before, after etc

Comment

Working...
        X