sulphuric tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sulphuric tank

I twas wondering if anyone could help me find a tank to pump my sulphuric into to measure it before it gets mixed with the methenol. I need one about 20L, no bigger please. I also need to be able to see through it to tell the volume. The only other criteria is that it is a closed tank because it is over head and can't drip.

I really don't care where the company or person is, shipping is not a problem. So if anyone knows of a company or person with such a tank your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Heavy Bio

Re: sulphuric tank

Hydrochloric acid is sold as a pool chemical in 20 litre blue HDPE drums. The empties are usually re-used, but they are available new also. I have had 200 litre HDPE chemical drums which have had acid and Caustic in them.
    I do not know whether they are suited to Conc. H2SO4, but you could ask a manufacturer. Google for chemical drums in Oz.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Conc H2So4 that is 98% and above is not corrosive.Maening you can store it any vessel,HDPE,PVC,LDPE.
      But as dilution starts the corrosive action of Sulphuric acid sets in.
      Then one has to go in for 316ss,316L,304ss being the lowest grade.
      In very low conc exotic material alloys are normally used.
      Cheers
      Sauman

Comment

Thank you very for responding. I buy the acid by the pallet so I get 4 drums at a time. Drums won't work for this step because the acid is pumped into this tank I am looking for up over the mixing reactor and is added to the methenol by draining down into the reactor. Therefore I really can't use a tank any larger than about a 20L tank. If you know of anything else your help would still be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heavy bio

Comment

Working...
        X