• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Stuff

http://www.angellabsllc.com/index.html

Could be the next gen engine???

Cheers
    Sauman

I have been following these guys for about 3 years now.They do have something going.

Re: Interesting Stuff

Hi Sauman,
    Thanks for that url. Boy what an innovation. Can you imagine the implications of an engine like this, I wonder how the heck this is going to get past the big boys. I cannot see them liking this especially the petroleum industry. It for me takes me back to the wankel rotary engine in 1961. That disappeared quick smart, especially as it ran on what was at that time a cheap commodity Kero.

Boy what innovation!!!
    Thanks Buddy for that experience

Rgds

Dillyman

Comment

This thing is nothing new. It was around in the late 70's/early 80's as I recall. At the time they were running around selling shares in it door to door, and I actually had a salesman call and I listened to his blurb because I was interested in what he had to say. This was all before the internet was invented.

I smelled a rat then and still do. Needless to say, If it was any good it would have been in full scale production long ago.
      Cheers
      Bruce

1976 W123 300D (3 litre 5-cyl NA diesel running on SVO since June 2006)
      1982 W126 280SE (Sadly is For Sale)
      1993 W124 300D (3 litre 6-cyl NA diesel - being converted to SVO)

Comment

Looks like there are a few designs out there, (Trochilic engines) there is some more info here :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistonless_rotary_engine

Nico

Comment

Originally posted by dillyman
          Thanks for that url. Boy what an innovation. It takes me back to the wankel rotary engine in 1961. That disappeared quick smart, especially as it ran on what was at that time a cheap commodity Kero.
          Rgds

Dillyman
          You might be thinking of another design, as the Wankel Rotary was produced in thousands of Suzuki RE5 motorbikes, and hundreds of thousands of Mazda rotary powered cars.
          Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

No, I grew up with Wankel and know the difference. My dad was an engineer and was interested in it too, but it was all a scam. It's the same engine/pump etc, just being rehashed to fleece more investment dollars from gullible investors.
            Cheers
            Bruce

1976 W123 300D (3 litre 5-cyl NA diesel running on SVO since June 2006)
            1982 W126 280SE (Sadly is For Sale)
            1993 W124 300D (3 litre 6-cyl NA diesel - being converted to SVO)

Comment

Working...
            X