Methanol and KOH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol and KOH

I am about to start making biodiesel and have found if I buy methanol and KOH through work it is cheaper but I have to buy 4 x 205l drums of methanol and one tonne of KOH. As I will not be using all this in one go, particularly the KOH I would be interested in selling some on if people are interested. I have a freind in Wollongong who will store it for me. The prices work out at $210 for a 205l drum of methanol and $105 for 25kg of KOH.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Re: Methanol and KOH

can you discount that any more for large orders
    ie 4 drums of meth and 4 bags of koh at a time???
    Im in nowra so would be interested
    Cheers Nick
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Nick

I will check with the supplier if I can squeeze some more money off. I am mostly worried about ending up with the best part of a tonne of KOH in one year that is no good. How often will you be taking the KOH or do you know anyone else around here who would want some.

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

a mate in sydney would be keen if the price was good. I would be 4 bags a year. maybe yorta uses KOH??? Oily uses NaOH.
        let me know what you end up doing.
        cheers Nick.
        Cheers
        Nick.
        Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry Nick, I use NaOH as well, and don't pay much more than is being offered for my Methanol.
          Bill

Comment

where are you getting your methanol from then bill?? Nowra chemicals quoted me $295 + drum deposit.
            Cheers
            Nick.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Nick

Sorry for the delay, the recession hasn't hit our work yet. I have tried to get the prices down but the supplier has said this is the best price. Let me know if you want any methanol, I don't think I will get the KOH as I will be stuck with nearly all of it.

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

[QUOTE=Surf Diesel;38385]I am about to start making biodiesel and have found if I buy methanol and KOH through work it is cheaper but I have to buy 4 x 205l drums of methanol and one tonne of KOH. As I will not be using all this in one go, particularly the KOH I would be interested in selling some on if people are interested. I have a freind in Wollongong who will store it for me. The prices work out at $210 for a 205l drum of methanol and $105 for 25kg of KOH.

If anyone is interested PM me.[/QUOTE

Comment

Working...
                X