Could live without a Bowser, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could live without a Bowser, but...

I'm only on my 50th litre of bio in the ute, refuse to pay for diesel now, but still make fortnightly trips to the servo for my bike. I fill 2 jerry cans and that lasts me a fortnight plus. Its a 1600 Vulcan Mean Streak. I also do 300 plus km's on it a week going to and from work.

Been looking for a diesel motorbike. Found a few around the world, but nothing in third world countries like Australia. Anyone seen or heard of a diesel motorbike in Australia? Would save me heaps if I could get my hands on one.

There's 4 that I have found via the net. India modify an Enfield. NATO commissioned Kawasaki to build 500 KLR framed diesels in 2007, but no talk about making them available to the public. An 800 version from the Netherland with some awesome features like 2.5 litres per 100 km's, but only being released in Europe to date, at I believe a price of 14000 euro and maybe outside there in 2011. And the last ones a 1400 cruiser basicly with a price take of $140000.

I'd be sleeping in front of the bike shop for the doors to open on one being released in Australia. Would also like to hear a set of straight pipes on a diesel motorbike. :P>

Cheers

Daniel
    wheelbarrow
    Last edited by wheelbarrow; 3 July 2010, 09:11 PM. Reason: proof reading time.....
    How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Re: Could live without a Bowser, but...

Just think how easy, quick and painless filling up would be!

Got 90 litres out in about 5 min, not bad and not hard on the arms, elbows or back either.

Good luck with the bike hunt..
    Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Re: Could live without a Bowser, but...

The bike tanks only how about 17 litres :P>

Thanks mate, can't see a diesel motorbike getting here soon. :/>
      How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Working...
      X