Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 Bi-Fuel converter (flex fuel) in Australia

http://www.manildra.com.au/e85/

This looks interesting. For about $400, you can convert your existing petrol engine to be able to take up to E85. They are already doing this in the US for new cars, but I like the idea of a kit to retro-fit old cars too.

It looks like it is simply a sensor and a "chip" modification to detect the ratio of ethanol present, then change the timing of the engine electronically accordingly. If anyone has any info on this, I'd be very interested.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: E85 Bi-Fuel converter (flex fuel) in Australia

Well I did get the flyer from Manildra. It has a bit more on the new fuels but no details on where you can get the converter. It also mentions a 2004 BA falcon they have been running it on.

There is a bit more under the heading "Ethanol" in http://www.manildra.com.au

Cheers

Chev28
    Chev28
    Last edited by Chev28; 21 September 2006, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I've just been handed some scanned brochures from Manildra on this (attached). They have been folded before being scanned, so please excuse the creases.
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 21 September 2006, 11:42 AM.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

So someone has put a price on the E85 - 90cents per litre.

http://orange.yourguide.com.au/detai...ral&m=9&y=2006

Mind you the converter is now only $300 and Orange (NSW) is very close to Manildra.

Comment

Or you could get one from the US

http://www.fullflexint.com/

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have been watching and reading the development of Ethanol and blends in a Australia for a long time now.

I own a 04 Ford Falcon V8. I have made enquires to the people who make the Full FLex Bi Fuel Converters.

Aparently there is an Aussie distributor. So as soon as I get the info I will post it up.

I am very interested in buying one of these kits. I know for a fact my engine is the same one thats in the American F150 (2004 onwards) and it has Bosch EV6 connectors. (they even share the same ecu) but mine uses the BTR/ION 4 Spd Auto.

Fun times

James

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Enhance Ethanol E85

This looks interesting. For about $400, you can convert your existing petrol engine to be able to take up to E85. They are already doing this in the US for new cars, but I like the idea of a kit to retro-fit old cars too.

It looks like it is simply a sensor and a "chip" modification to detect the ratio of ethanol present, then change the timing of the engine electronically accordingly. If anyone has any info on this, I'd be very interested.
              Hello
              I don't kno here in Australia, but in Brazil there are several equipments that do it, become a car in flex fuel...
              In fact In US also there are some options, but American equipment is based in hardware and brazilian equipmante is based in sofware, so usually brazilian equipment is cheaper.
              How do you intend to "up grade"your car?

Comment

I don't know if anyone is interest but there's a company in South Africa called Power Perfect they sell an E85 Controller as well. They say it's cool with cold start & also it has a fuel saving mode when cruising.

You can mail them at info@perfectpower.com. They gave me all the info via mail. The controller is not on their website yet only the price.

Comment

Working...
                X