Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a tried and true heating element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a tried and true heating element?

What is a tried and true heating element? Preferable thermostatically controlled. Brand/source?

Re: What is a tried and true heating element?

I've beendealing with Thermal Electric Elements, and have found them to be most helpful and responsive. You can reach them on (02) 9756 3788. At $420+gst, the element and thermostat they came up with for my application isn't cheap, but I think I'll save money in the long run, and I know I'll save time while heating my oil.

I did ring another company, Hotco, and when the sales guy found out what I wanted the element for, he started bluthering on about the company's liability for what I do with the element. I don't think he had a clue, and in the end, they never rang me back anyway.

There is one other company, Grimwood, who has come up with an element specifically for biodiesel. Follow the link to their site:

http://www.grimwoodheating.com.au/OT...ankheaters.htm

Hope this helps,

Justin

Comment

This is way more than what I'd be prepared to pay.
      G

Comment

G'day All,

Go and have a look at the 'Elements end of a saga' thread. Chris had some prototyped and they certainly look the business, especially the digital control/readout unit.
        If you dont like the ones Chris has on offer there are some links to heating element manufacturers within the thread.

Hope that helps
        Robert
        Administrator
        Last edited by Robert; 19 September 2006, 03:12 PM.
        Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Comment

Why re-invent the wheel? Pick up an old hot water tank for free and buy a new element for about $50, the tank comes with a built in thermostat and it's thermally insulated.
          geewizztoo
          Last edited by geewizztoo; 19 September 2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I agree. I just bought a 2400W heater element from a plumbers merchant that bolted straight in using the standard 4 bolts, and it plugs straight into a 10A wall socket.

Job done.
            Sean

Comment

Hi All
              There is nothing wrong with all of that
              Keep in mind that mechanical thermostats as found in water heaters have a wide variation in temperature
              In other words they can be plus or minus 3-4 degrees
              They could be out lot more if they have been around a while or they may be quite accurate as well
              So if you are using one check it out with a mercury thermometer so you know what reading you get when you set it at a particular point
              Once you know how it reads, wherever it is set, that should be fine, the drift they have once is known you can deal with
              Cheers
              Chris
              Cheers
              Chris
              Never give up :)

Comment

Blatant commercial plug!

Grimwood Heating Pty Ltd has joined the forum.

We have available our low cost biodiesel heater kit BDK2 for $250+GST, which comprises a 2.4kW 1 1/4IN BSP screw in element, electronic thermostat and enclosure. This requires a 1 1/4IN nozzle to be welded to the side of the container to take the element.

These can be ordered through any MMEM branch (ie Haymans, TLE, AWM, D&W).

Any problems, let me know.

Regards
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X