Boy what a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy what a week

This week has been a huge BD week for me. I've had some good wins and a few loses with BD production, making my processor and networking.

I'll start with the wins.

I undertook a mission to make contact with as many user as I could from the US sites that lived here in aus. I had a good number of responses and have tapped into amazing undergroud well of users who have been making and using quietly for more than 6 years.

I investigated an WVO lead and found a sticker with a phone number of a local BD user. (local hell you dont know how local) Peda you might be interested to know about this guy. I would have driven less that 1 kilometer past his house on the way home every day from work. He says his crew meet and have a beer, talk and make BD. How cool is that. They also can get very cheap Methanol. He has given me a cheaper quote for methanol for a 200Lt drum.

I am slowly working through what I'll need for a 20 litre processor. This has taken longer than anticipated. And another bummer I blew a test batch of WVO. I think I didn't mix enough and have gotten a nowhere near incomplete conversion. I think its fixeable. I think I'll reheat it and stir it again and try to restart the reaction. I got less that 10% converted so its got lots of meth and KOH in there to react.

I've had the whole "unwashed BD epitamy" which I'm still not sure about. All I know is I'm not trying to create ASTM standard BD. I'll leave that to the UNI's and commercial producers.

A plant is supposedly to be built at Nerangbah. That would be "good value". They hope to float on the Stock exchange this week funnily enough. Their prospectus was oversubscribed by five times. Thats VERY interesting. They will be one to watch come Dec 14.

I forget else what happened Like I said its been a big week.

Me tired...Need sleep now.

J
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Well done!

Good to hear you have the ball rolling. Very pleased to hear that you've managed to infiltrate some of the old Australian Underground. There's a whole army of biodiesel makers out there in hiding, or scattered around on other webforums. I'm hoping that in time a few more will find and help us newbies in here. We really need an easy-to-find, Australian branded, helpful, unified biodiesel scene that is public and enthusiastic. I'm sure we'll build this together soon from some who can admit to running commercial BD in their cars to the others who just stay behind their forum alias and help out with advice and encouragement.
    There is a club in Melbourne that does the same - meets every week for a BBQ and makes a stack of biodiesel together. Unfortunately, they still won't come and play in our forum... but I've not given up trying just yet. They still want to stay underground for obvious reasons, but are not yet convinced that they can stay underground AND talk about it anonymously here.
    Keep up the good work. It sounds like you are on the cusp of something big there!
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 10 December 2005, 08:24 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
    X