This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine wear on WMO blends

Here are two videos of a guy who has successfully burned WMO on a 6.2L Detroit Diesel

Here he shows us his process. Most importantly he dismantled his engine and showed us the cylinder bores and cross hatch, which meant the engined showed no sign of wear after running his WMO/WATF/Diesel blend on it for over a year.
    BLACK DIESEL PROCESSOR - YouTube

Here he uses a centrifuge to clean up his WMO/WATF/Diesel blend
    CLEANING BLACK DIESEL / WVO / WMO - YouTube

Re: Engine wear on WMO blends

Hi Jeffrey,
    They are great video's.
    That fellow sure seems to know what he is doing.
    The videos clearly shows the extreme measures required to transform WMO into fuel that can be successfully used as a 50/50 blend with #2 diesel

Do you plan on building something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
      Hi Jeffrey,
      They are great video's.
      That fellow sure seems to know what he is doing.
      The videos clearly shows the extreme measures required to transform WMO into fuel that can be successfully used as a 50/50 blend with #2 diesel

Do you plan on building something similar?
      Since this guy has been blending for one year; whereas, I have been blending for 5 years, and studying it for 7 years; why would you think that I have to replicate this guy's process? I am way beyond where he is at, because I am turning WMO into a translucent fuel, which few people are able to do.

The point of the video was simply to show that someone, who had run WMO on an engine that is identical to mine, had removed the heads and shown no wear, which simply serves as evidence to the contrary of those who have predicted that WMO fuels would be abrasive.

Comment

Hi Jeffrey,
        Originally posted by Jeffrey S. Brooks View Post
        ...why would you think that I have to replicate this guy's process?
        Because he really seems to know what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
          Hi Jeffrey,Because he really seems to know what he is doing.
          If I was an idiot I would toss out everything that I have learned and blindly reproduce this guys process, without considering that the most significant difference between what he is doing and I am doing is he is driving on the highway only on WMO blends; whereas I have been driving nearly exclusively on short runs around town on my WMO blends.

Since I am not an idiot, then I have noted that my engine coked up in three days of around town, or 200 miles of highway, driving on previous WMO blends, but runs indefinitely on WVO blends. However, turning WMO into a translucent blend allowed my engine to run on 40 gallons (160L) of it for 2 months on short runs around town before the injectors coked up, which, since I understand critical thinking, whereas you have demonstrated you do not, then I can see that I am clearly onto a workable blend that simply needs some tweaking. I have made 70 gallons (280L) of the translucent blend WMO and I am about to drive 700 miles on the highway to see if the injectors coke. I have a cleaned set of injectors that I just put into the engine, and I will be bringing with me two spare sets of cleaned injectors, and the tools to replace them along the way.

If my engine runs fine for the 700 miles of highway driving on my translucent blend WMO, then I will have proven that I have a workable blend for the highway. This will mean I need only modify the blend for short runs around town. My hypothesis at the moment is more gasoline in the translucent blend WMO will be needed to make it run fine for short runs around town.
          Jeffrey S. Brooks
          Banned
          Last edited by Jeffrey S. Brooks; 12 April 2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Jeffrey,
            Originally posted by Jeffrey S. Brooks View Post
            I have been blending for 5 years, and studying it for 7 years...
            I have noted that my engine coked up in three days of around town, or 200 miles of highway, driving on previous WMO blends...
            However, turning WMO into a translucent blend allowed my engine to run on 40 gallons (160L) of it for 2 months on short runs around town before the injectors coked up..
            since I understand critical thinking...then I can see that I am clearly onto a workable blend...
            This is where I find the problem.
            In 7 years of dedicated study and slavish experimentation you are still only able to burn about 160 litres of this "fuel" in normal everyday driving before your injectors foul and require removing for cleaning.
            In my non critical way of thinking all I can say is that it is terrible. I could not live with that.
            I mean really, how can you think you are on to a "workable Blend" if you need to remove and clean your injectors after every 160 litres of fuel

If my engine runs fine for the 700 miles of highway driving on my translucent blend WMO, then I will have proven that I have a workable blend for the highway.
            700 miles is not much of a test to jump to that type of concussion.

This will mean I need only modify the blend for short runs around town.
            I guess it depends on what you mean by modifying the blend. If you were to "modify" your blend by mixing 1 part blend to 10 parts kerosene then yes, it will probably work around town.
            Mind you, be sure to thoroughly mix everything up before using it. Otherwise there is a good chance of layering to occur. 

My hypothesis at the moment is more gasoline in the translucent blend WMO will be needed to make it run fine for short runs around town.
            Are you basing this hypothesis on your mistaken belief that gasoline is a superior fuel for use in diesel engines?

I think you should send the person in the videos an email and ask for his assistance. He really really REALLY seems to know what he is doing.
            tillyfromparadise
            Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 12 April 2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

subscribed.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would think that running WMO as a fuel would cause engine wear in the bores.
                What the hell do people think runs on the other side of the rings and through the bearings?? Wear due to fueling the vehicle with WMO would be of no concern because the same oil running in the sump would chew the bearings out and stuff the cam long before the WMO had a chance to wear the bores or rings out!

Jeffery,

If your injectors are fouling up, are you not concerned about coking your Piston rings as well?
                If the injectors are clagging that quick, there must be a lot of carbonisation going on within the engine. I would also think the Valves and exhaust ports could be affected as well.

To achieve your translucent WMO, from what I understand you are basicaly settling and filtering it along with blending it with petrol.
                Is this correct or am I missing something significant within your process?

I might get some bits and pieces and have a go at refining some wmo next week.
                I'm pretty sure I can get it to near transparent and a very diesel like consistency without having to add any other blending agent.

Comment

Originally posted by peter1 View Post
                  I don't understand why anyone would think that running WMO as a fuel would cause engine wear in the bores.
                  What the hell do people think runs on the other side of the rings and through the bearings?? Wear due to fueling the vehicle with WMO would be of no concern because the same oil running in the sump would chew the bearings out and stuff the cam long before the WMO had a chance to wear the bores or rings out!
                  I agree, but rational thought seems to evade most people

Jeffery,

If your injectors are fouling up, are you not concerned about coking your Piston rings as well?
                  If the injectors are clagging that quick, there must be a lot of carbonisation going on within the engine. I would also think the Valves and exhaust ports could be affected as well.
                  Yes, of course I am concerned about coking anything in my engine, that is why I am trying to work through the problems with waste oil blending, and reporting my findings to alternative diesel fuel forums, so that others can benefit from my results, and report their findings, so that I can benefit from their results. [SNIP]
                  To achieve your translucent WMO, from what I understand you are basicaly settling and filtering it along with blending it with petrol.
                  Is this correct or am I missing something significant within your process?

I might get some bits and pieces and have a go at refining some wmo next week.
                  I'm pretty sure I can get it to near transparent and a very diesel like consistency without having to add any other blending agent.
                  You are missing a crucial component in my method of producing a translucent blend. You will find, if you try to make a WMO blend with petrol, that no matter how much petroleum distillates you add to WMO the resulting blend will be opaque and black. Whereas, if you employ differential solubility, which I am doing, then you can produce a translucent blend.

I have been working on making WMO blends for 5 years in many, many sample bottles. In that time I have found acetone will cause precipitates to form in otherwise well settled and filtered WMO-petrol blend. I have also noticed the WVO will do the same thing, when added to WMO. So, I blend WMO with WVO at equal parts, then blend petrol at 18%, then acetone at 2% and get my translucent blend.

Producing the above translucent blend allowed me to run my desiel engine for 2 months before coked injectors became evident, which was a vast improvement from past experiments with WMO blends. Someone on a Power Stroke Diesel forum found that he could reduce emissions and coking in WMO blends by reducing the WMO in his blend significantly. He blended WMO at 80% with petrol at 20%, then cut that blend by 50% with pump diesel, which means he is running WMO at 40%.

My translucent blend is 40% WMO/ 40% WVO/ 18% petrol/ 2% acetone. Perhaps the reduction in emissions and coking is simply due to reducing the WMO to 40%. Or, it might be because the blend is translucent, which means I have forced dissolved carbon significantly to make the blend translucent.

Nonetheless, my most recent experiment was to reduce the suspended sub-micron free carbon through running my translucent blend through a centrifuge. However, after running on that blend for 9 days I observed increased emissions and a slight reduction in power, which suggests injector coking is taking place. I tried increasing engine RPMs, which appears to have de-coked the injectors temporarily, because power was back and emissions were down. This suggests that my translucent 40% WMO/ 40% WVO/ 18% petrol/ 2% acetone blend might work fine as a highway fuel. And, the link to the video up-thread of a man running a diesel engine like mine on highway only on WMO-diesel 50-50 blends and not having coking problems supports this premise, or it might be that 40%-50% WMO in diesel blends will work fine on most diesel engines on highway driving.

However, I would like to find a WMO blend that will work for around town driving. So, yesterday I increased the petrol component in my blend by 10%, so it is now 35%WMO/35%WVO/29% petrol/1%acetone.

I will report my findings here if there is any interest, [SNIP], it is unlikely that I will be posting here in the future.

If you are interested in blending discussion you will find it at the following forum links:
                  BeyondBiodiesel.org - Index
                  vegetableoildiesel.co.uk - Powered by XMB

Please do report your finding here,[SNIP]

Inflammatory comments SNIPPED by Moderator
                  Tony From West Oz
                  Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                  Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 19 April 2012, 12:22 AM. Reason: REMOVAL OF INFLAMMATORY SECTIONS

Comment

[SNIP]

You just don't/ won't get it will you?

The problems you encounter are entirely a product of your own creation. You continually complain about anyone who does not agree with your findings and and then throw insults and complain about forum admins and Mods at every opportunity even on occasions like this when there is absoloutley no provocation or reason.

Even when a person asks completely non confrontational questions, you still can resist sticking the knife into the very medium you are using and and giving it a twist for good measure.
                    It's old, boring, annoying and ridicilous. Your comment of not posting here in future is laughable. You crave and feed off the attenton you get and the only way you would stop posting on any forum is when you are inevitably kicked off it.

How many forums have you been thrown off now? AS far as I can tell, all of them bar one and the one that you run yourself that virtually no one else frequents. That must be the only one you haven't complained about being unfairly treated by the forum supervisors.
                    It's all part of a conspiracy to stifle meaningful dialouge on blending because forum admins and mods are threatend by it right?
                    Do you even have a remotely logical or rational reason ( even to you) as to why?

The help you badly need cannot be found on alternative fuel forums and until you get it, you will continue to tick people off with your constant moaning and be taken to have no credibility at all.

Anything else you have to say is just made redundant by your broken record like complaining over nothing and isn't worth responding to.
                    Tony From West Oz
                    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 19 April 2012, 12:25 AM. Reason: Removal of quotes inflammatory comments, snipped from original post.

Comment

[SNIP]

You just don't/ won't get it will you?

The problems you encounter are entirely a product of your own creation. You continually complain about anyone who does not agree with your findings and and then throw insults and complain about forum admins and Mods at every opportunity even on occasions like this when there is absoloutley no provocation or reason.

Even when a person asks completely non confrontational questions, you still can resist sticking the knife into the very medium you are using and and giving it a twist for good measure.
                      It's old, boring, annoying and ridicilous. Your comment of not posting here in future is laughable. You crave and feed off the attenton you get and the only way you would stop posting on any forum is when you are inevitably kicked off it.

How many forums have you been thrown off now? AS far as I can tell, all of them bar one and the one that you run yourself that virtually no one else frequents. That must be the only one you haven't complained about being unfairly treated by the forum supervisors.
                      It's all part of a conspiracy to stifle meaningful dialouge on blending because forum admins and mods are threatend by it right?
                      Do you even have a remotely logical or rational reason ( even to you) as to why?

The help you badly need cannot be found on alternative fuel forums and until you get it, you will continue to tick people off with your constant moaning and be taken to have no credibility at all.

Anything else you have to say is just made redundant by your broken record like complaining over nothing and isn't worth responding to.

^^^ This and then some. Jeffery, you are an odd bird. I will leave it at that. Seems my first post was so good it was deleted in its entirety.

Comment

Guys - DON'T GET PERSONAL.

Thread closed.
                        Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
                        12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
                        Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
                        Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
                        Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
                        X