Biodiesel Forum 2006 is coming - 25th and 26th of October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Forum 2006 is coming - 25th and 26th of October

The BAA is hosting another biodiesel forum in Sydney on the 25th and 26th of October 2006. Please see attached Flyer.

I've also added events for this in the calendar here and here.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 4 October 2006, 11:37 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Biodiesel Forum 2006 is coming - 25th and 26th of October

Would be good to be able to go but they do know how to charge oh well hopefully someone from round here will be able to go and keep the real world informed as to what is happening in that thin air up there
    Dave

Comment

I've just received word from the BAA, that it is costing them about $40,000 to put this together as there are international guests etc.

It is still a bit out of the average user's price bracket and generally more geared to industry. However, they have extended me a complimentary invite as they said that they understood the value of getting the correct message to the members in here.

I'll have to try to arrange some time off work (my real job has nothing to do with biodiesel) and if I can, I'll be sure to report back to everyone here what went on and any new things learned.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

The price of the forum is the average price for an industry forum. Rather on the cheap side. Free industry forum are only possible when used as a tool for advertising and where the expected returns will pay for the expense of setting up.
        Those forum are the exclusive realm of industry and have zero interest in backyard manufacturers in fact I am sure if they could find a way, they would shut everyone down but the big opertors.
        In fact that is probably exactly what will happen in the near future, and the tool used will probably be home insurance companies, council, industrial permits for collection and production, transport of fuel and tax to mention a few.
        All is needed is a fire or other accident covered by ACA or similar with subsequent interview to the "experts" who will pontificate on the need for "regulation" ...perhaps compulsory industry membership for protection?

Comment

Sounds positive! Hopefully some good progression comes out of it. Like others, I can't afford to go. I'd be interested to know if the press/media have been invited. Might be boring as batsh*t for them, but the media love a free lunch And if it's a slow news day, it might just make it on TV.

I did notice a couple of typos/errors in the document... "real word experience" on the first page (should be "real worLd"), and the Carl expressway (ought to be Cahill). But hey, I'm a bit err.. anal about things like that. I'm sure most people wouldn't care.
          Amber
          Last edited by Amber; 17 October 2006, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I'll be sure to report back. The BAA have had a bit of media of late, but I'm not sure how media savvy they are. You are right - typos in a press release do not serve for a professional image.
            I guess I'll be almost a media representative there, as I don't work in the biodiesel industry at all and I'll simply be reporting back to the public in here.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Well, I've just got back from 2 days at the BAA conference and I have a stack of notes, which I have yet to compile into something useful. I will try to get this done over the next few days to fill you all in on what happened.
              In the mean time, I have posted up the photos on the Sydney Biodiesel site here (not very interesting, I'm sorry, but what did you expect to see at a biodiesel conference?).
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
              X