Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone in thread responses

Hi All,

It has been on my mind a bit lately, mainly because I have been caught up in it myself. I love this forum (not in the literal sense!!) but really owe it a lot when it comes to information sharing and learning new things and concepts.

I have noticed a real shift in recent months, which saw myself and other forum members caught up in a bit of a slinging match (some still continue!!). I feel bad for being part of it, I probably could have used different words etc, which still conveyed my convictions, with a little less force.

without the balanced input of Tim and other moderators, it could have gone sour in a hurry.

It really hurts the forum I think, as it scares off new users and well, some of the less confrontational people who have one hell of a lot to add, just tune out.

Its a lose/lose situation really.

healthy debate is great, I love it, its the spice of life I think.

I understand that this might be seen as soft / useless / touchy-feely dribble to some, even seen as a brown nosing attempt to win favour of the moderators. well it certainly isnt.

Its just that this portal has so much to offer, aside from providing stimulating discussion on a topic we all feel passionate about, to see it lose some great input from experienced people.

Tony / Robert, I never did hear back about from you about how to donate since the forum engine changed. Still happy to put something back, just let me know how and I'll spare what i can.

Anyway thats my tree hugging over and done with, I just hope that I maybe have added something worth while.

cheers and beers.

Re: Tone in thread responses

There is a definite mentality here that I have encountered that will dissuade me from posting up any discoveries I make or info on what I am doing.
    It seems the majority of the really knowledgeable people don't bother with the site any more because of this as well.

Comment

Re: Tone in thread responses

Thanks Cade,

Appreciate the feedback. I've had more PM's lately about this very topic lately than I've had for a while, so you're not alone in picking up on a 'disturbance in the force'.

If anyone has a concern about posts that stray off topic, become personal, denigrate ideas or otherwise do not comply with a 'reasonable person' test, feel free to click on the black triangle with the ! in the middle that is at the bottom of each post. That opens a message that is sent only to the moderators and you can tell us all about what your concerns are. We will look at the post, discuss it, and decide what to do.

Tim
      Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
      12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
      Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
      Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
      Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
      X