Monark nozzles for a 300D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monark nozzles for a 300D

Hi everyone. I have posted this same ad on the ozbenz forum, and it may be relevant to people here.
    I have just ordered a small number of Monark SD-261 nozzles to replace the w123 300D and 240D injector nozzles. There is a lot of chatter online particularly out of the USA about these nozzles, just google Monark nozzles 300D and judge for yourself. The 261 spec have a flat cut pintle with no central or cross drilled holes that are found on the 240 or 240/ nozzles that were standard fit to these cars. These routinely block and produce poor spray patterns and flow rates- particularly when running alternative fuels.

This is the following kit I have put together:
    -5 x injector nozzles SD261
    -5 x heat shields
    -1m of injection leak line
    -1 x injection leak line plug
    -1 x sheet of 3000 grit paper for lapping your injectors
    -1 x inline pre-filter
    -A few pairs of nitrile gloves
    -Shipping included by trackable method

I am asking $170 for the kit, and that includes postage to you. I have a limited numbers but enough to last a little while at the rate people are asking for them.
    PM or email me if you have questions or want clarification on anything. I can also be found on the ozbenz forum under the same username.

Re: Monark nozzles for a 300D

Well Done for your kit.

For once it sounds like it is reasonably priced and good value instead of the usual Veg Ripoffs.
    It's also good that you make getting these Nozzles easy for people in Oz to get hold of.

I'm looking at a 2 door W123 and putting in a Diesel to replace the Petrol engine. I have a good om617 I could put in and i'm looking at turboing it ( despite going against the grain with veg world warnings) and If I go that route I'd definitely get one of these kits off you. I'm also looking at a Later model turbo engine which I could dial up a whole lot better but just have to look what is around.

I Hope you do well with the sales of your Kit. These seem to be good nozzles and it's great to see a local supplier offering them.

Comment

Thanks Peter. I tried to set the price fairly. I was sick of not being able to buy them in Australia. Their reputation and my own curiosity warranted a bulk purchase, though the Aussie crowd is warming very slowly to the idea. For now the sales are private, and arranged on forums and through mates in the Mercedes world. I will end up listing them on ebay after a few months as I am out of pocket by a fair amount at the moment. If anyone wants to chat nozzles then get in touch.

Comment

Hi julian.great to see what you are doing. I run a Peugeot 505 on Veg for some time now.have just started smoking with new nozzles[pintles] do you recon i may be abe able
        to go with your nozzels.My are bosch injectors.
        Keep on pugging :)

Comment

Hi shipo.
          Sweet, I used to run peugeots, but once bitten by the Benz bug I fell head over heels for them. No more removing engine mounts to replace cam belts! No cam belts for that matter.

I am not sure if these nozzles will fit your injectors. If you send me some numbers on the injector body or the nozzle itself I can check for you.

Let me know buddy.

Comment

HI Julian, Good of you to check out my Pug injectors for me.

They areBosch KCA17s38/4 130 bar.....
            The pintle No is 4863 DNOSD 252 Made in france.

See how you go, Thanks Shippo.
            Keep on pugging :)

Comment

Shipo, I haven't been able to confirm if these will fit. If you have a dead nozzle of the same spec to send me I can check it with the calipers to see if it is the same size.
              I will keep looking in the meantime, perhaps ask your mechanic or diesel man for advice.

Comment

I still have a few sets left if anyone is keen.

Comment

Working...
                X