Newbie - 1984 300d MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - 1984 300d MB

Just bought a 1984 300d MB to start my project/conversion. The A/C didn't work so lowered all windows to drive it home. Right rear won't raise back up. Removing the door panel is easy except for the door pull handle. Can't figure how it's attached. Any help would be grrrrreatly appreciated. It's gonna rain.

Art
    84 300d mb

Re: Newbie - 1984 300d MB

There are 2 Philips head screws under the armrest which are undone to remove it.
    The door lock handle on the inside has a black plastic trim which can be prised out of the chrome work to reveal a small Philips head screw securing the chrome trim.
    Remove the lock button,
    Remove the lock trim at the rear of the door
    Remove the winder trim (small spring retains the trim - visible from the side of the winder) and the winder handle comes off easily. Remember the order of the trim pieces so you get it back together easily.
    Use a flat blade to pop off the trim, at the retaining clip locations.

For front doors, the door pocket stays on the door trim when removing it as it has plastic mouldings which key into door frame - easily broken off.

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
    Tony
    ps. go to OZBENZ - Australian & New Zealand Mercedes-Benz Forums • Index page for the best Mercedes enthusiast forum in Australia
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X