PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Chip Oil Barons CONference (COBCON ) 2013

SUZUDDIS
20th January 2013, 03:51 PM
Happy new year to everybody . I hope that everyone got what they wanted for Christmas and is still around making their test batches and having wonderful success.

This year is starting a bit slow so I hope thatwe can create a new interest by looking forward to some gatherings. last year saw some very interesting ideas and processes . hopefully we can build on last year and make it better.

if the calendar works this year all the meets will be easier to book.
Anyway I hope that we can swap some truly wonderful idea's and grow. look forward to a new year.

Michael Jones

SUZUDDIS
4th July 2013, 02:16 PM
Well , It's past half way and we haven't had a gathering.

Since I think I have made progress with my processor I'm happy to host a gathering in about a month if anyone has time ???
So let me know who is interested and I'll send you my address the week of the meet.

I'd really like some oilers to come along as well if there is interest as I am looking at changing vehicles for dual fuel.

Michael

Bueff
4th July 2013, 06:26 PM
I'd really like some oilers to come along as well if there is interest as I am looking at changing vehicles for dual fuel.

Michael

I'm keen, what's for lunch, Fish'n chips ;)

let us know when so I can get my passport renewed crossing the border again ;)

cheers

tillyfromparadise
4th July 2013, 06:40 PM
I'll have to check my diary, but I I'll try to be there too.

Captaincademan
4th July 2013, 08:49 PM
Pending all the usual suspects mate, I look forward to it too.

SUZUDDIS
4th July 2013, 09:39 PM
That's a good start.

I'm thinking mid August so should have a few batches done by then and hopefully have some oil stocks.
chip exchange here I come.

I can do BBQ or fish and chips Jens.
Will the usual's let me know their dates free and I'll make a tentative booking.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Michael

merc300d
8th July 2013, 10:21 PM
Mid August is good for me Michael.
Being as I am retired any day is a good one for me.

Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
19th July 2013, 08:58 PM
August 24th booked.

my place
pm me and i'll send me address

Michael

Matt
20th July 2013, 06:31 PM
I'll be there

SUZUDDIS
21st July 2013, 06:52 PM
Just so everybody is aware , It's Saturday.
Whatever date it might be at the 24 th ?? August that is

Like I mentioned just PM me if you don't have my address. about 8 people booked and confirmed. Some tentative as well.
I will put on a BBQ with sausages and bread , onions etc.

just bring something to drink and more importantly something to talk about. samples of batches etc.

Have a great week.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
31st July 2013, 02:24 PM
I hope my batch on the day works better than the last one from this weekend. bit embarrasing with having to get the vinegar out to clean up an emulsion :mad:

got about a dozen attendees so far. better let the neighbours know what I do now so they aren't supprised by the dozen men in the garden shed !!

Bring along some oil samples if anyone can. that way we can compare stocks.
what else can we look at ?

Michael

Bueff
31st July 2013, 08:14 PM
better let the neighbours know what I do now so they aren't supprised by the dozen men in the garden shed !!

what else can we look at ?

Michael

Lets just stare back at them, that would be something to look at :-)

SUZUDDIS
17th August 2013, 03:55 PM
Don't forget next Saturday the 24th.
I'm hoping the rain stays away but should be a good day. If everyone turns up around morning tea time I can put the jug on and make some tea while preparing a batch. That will give everyone time to have a chat and watch. offer advice..etc

Anyway looking forward to another gathering.

Michael

Captaincademan
17th August 2013, 07:15 PM
Me three. I'll be there with bells on

Captaincademan
19th August 2013, 07:50 PM
Hey mate, what time would you like us there?

I will bring Stewie, Grey Hair and possibly one other newbie mate of Grey hair's.

Let me know details and what we can bring. if you like I can bring some bread and onions? and a beer or three.

cheers big ears,

SUZUDDIS
19th August 2013, 09:50 PM
around 10 ish will do. by then I should have the heater on and oil up to temp.
I have already loaded the processor with 100 litres so ready to go.

just bring your self and drinks. I'm happy to put on the sausages and onions etc.

see you then

Captaincademan
19th August 2013, 10:41 PM
Done like a duck dinner

Bueff
22nd August 2013, 07:52 PM
Awesome looking forward to see your new brew setup, and of cause having a big boys day out :o

Matt
23rd August 2013, 06:26 PM
I will be there to see how its done and then scale up to my system, just need a shaft and paddle mixer and baffle plate to get the baby going. Looking forward to tomorrow, see you about 10.

Regards.

Harvey
23rd August 2013, 08:32 PM
Hey Gents, any chance of a newbie wanna be wvo cowboy attending to learn some things from the masters?
kind regards Harvey

Captaincademan
23rd August 2013, 09:00 PM
Harvey,

pm Michael (Suzzudis) or I for address. If you don't get an answer from Michael, let me know.

i think I speak for Michael in that it would be good to see some new folks. Look forward to seeing you there.

Harvey
23rd August 2013, 09:51 PM
Hi Cade
sorry to be a pain, I tried pm you both but get error messages, most likely due to my lack of forum/blog/IT skills.
if ok can you please send me details via pm, or email h.baldwyn@qut.edu.au Thanks

Harvey
24th August 2013, 12:19 AM
Sorry, tried but can't see to get this pm thing (IT CHALLENGED),

Tony From West Oz
24th August 2013, 02:09 AM
Harvey, As a new member, you are not yet permitted to use the PM function.
email him instead.

Regards,
Tony

SUZUDDIS
25th August 2013, 11:04 AM
Thankyou to everyone who attended yesterday. and especially to the powers that be for letting their partners spend the day out.

I enjoyed the gathering and learnt some more about my batches. now I have newer approach to making a successful batch.
Thanks Jens for the hot water addition. my glycerin was still liquid this morning. Can't tell you how happy I was to see liquid glycerin the next morning.

Thanks everyone for making the trip to my place, some from far away and some from not so far but making an effort.
A couple of new members came along as well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Michael

Bueff
25th August 2013, 02:04 PM
The pleasure is all mine, kinda glad it worked out, imagine a emulsified batch caused by a suggestion in front of all the pro's :o rather embarrassing ;)

And yes thanks for everyone there, the aim of these meeting is to gain more knowledge, drink beer and eat a snag or two, I certainly walked out feeling a lot smarter,a bit light headed and pretty full in the belly area. :rolleyes:

Thanks Michael, next meeting is at Cade's :) he did promise :)

Captaincademan
25th August 2013, 06:17 PM
Haha. You are not gunna let me forget are you?

Got me at a weak moment.

All, Let me know what you think is a suitable timeframe.

more than happy to host, no problems.

Bueff
25th August 2013, 06:58 PM
Got me at a weak moment.

That's what I said to her last night. :rolleyes:

Maybe just before the christmas traveling madness starts, I see to it that I can get my traveling centrifuge system up and running and bring it with me.

Thanks again for a fun day guys!!!!

Matt
25th August 2013, 07:59 PM
Michael, thank you very much and please pass my thanks to your wife as I have no doubt she had things to do to allow it to occur.

Once I clean up in my shed after a few large spills and I clean the floor I will have one at my place and we will make a large batch? Or just watch it as it will be automated?

Thanks Matt

SUZUDDIS
2nd November 2013, 10:33 PM
Anyone up for one more before Christmas ?

End of November maybe or first week of December

Michael

merc300d
3rd November 2013, 12:08 PM
Anyone up for one more before Christmas ?

End of November maybe or first week of December

Michael
Sounds good Michael, keen to see your new car
cheers
Graeme

Harvey
3rd November 2013, 12:32 PM
Hi Michael et al
i'm away 7/8 dec otherwise would be a yes. Congrats on your new Korean baby :)
kind regards, Harvey

benjy
3rd November 2013, 08:06 PM
Hi Michael, I'd be up for it - it will depend on work again but I'll do my best to make it happen.

SUZUDDIS
3rd November 2013, 09:33 PM
OK

make it Saturday the 30th of November ??
10am at my place or earlier if you wish or where ever anyone wishes to host ??

PM me

Michael

tillyfromparadise
4th November 2013, 04:00 PM
Due to prior commitments that afternoon, I will probably be unable to attend

Bueff
5th November 2013, 07:42 PM
I'll pencil it in and we see how we go, live is rather challenging at the moment :-) be good to catch up again though, and of course get your new ute running on the good stuff :-)

SUZUDDIS
7th November 2013, 01:03 PM
A few numbers already. good news.
Next year I'd really like to move the meets away from the Brisbane area and go to some of our more remote members places.

Grey Hair lives up Nambour way , Bill lives out Amberley way , a couple of guys in toowoomba , Bueff down Lismore way etc.

I know this proves a little difficult some times but car pool might be an easy way to have a gathering.

Have a think about it.

Michael

Matt
7th November 2013, 08:36 PM
I'll be in too now that I have that car back on the road.

Peugeot
I hate their fuel primers too, I suppose what I am feeding it now is a bit hard to take. Just ask.

SUZUDDIS
27th November 2013, 09:58 PM
Just a little gathering this time I believe.
Can i have a show of hands for saturday so i can buy snags ?

Michael

SUZUDDIS
28th November 2013, 05:57 PM
I need a couple of empty 20 litre cubbies of the plastic kind. does anyone heave some they can bring along ?

I need about half a dozen.

Thanks

Matt
28th November 2013, 07:12 PM
I'll see what I can scrounge. How many?

Anyone interested in lots of oil? 20 cents per litre, my cost price, comes in lots of 180 odd litres.

Matt

Bueff
28th November 2013, 09:40 PM
I need a couple of empty 20 litre cubbies of the plastic kind. does anyone heave some they can bring along ?

I need about half a dozen.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I can't make it this weekend due to complicated life situations, but I might be coming up the weekend after, if nobody got cans for you let me know and I bring them up, ask benjy he might be able to help. Have fun mate !!!!

Harvey
28th November 2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Michael et al
apologies I can't make this. I Thankyou for your ongoing encouragement and leadership with the QLD Oil Barons and look forward to catching you guys in the new year.
as an update being the new virgin to the QLD group, I'm happy to advise I've had a visit to Cademans refinery, and Appreciate his advice. I now have a patio full of old scrounged valves, pipes, filters, pumps, motors, fittings etc. I have also taken 1 and 1/3 44gal drums and welded them together as a start to 260lt reactor. The joining of which via my eBay MIG has two thirds of a weld that is commendable, and 1/3 that resembles porcelain after A bad curry. 😥
Again thankyou for your leadership, and to all a safe season.

merc300d
29th November 2013, 10:45 AM
Hi Michael,
See you Saturday, looking forward to checking out your Saangyong.

I have one clean (new oil residue) 20 steel drum I'll bring.

Also have a package of 22 sausages I'll bring along for the BBQ.

Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
30th November 2013, 08:00 AM
Harvey , well done getting a mig to play with. Good luck and look forward to seeing the end result.

Unfortunately because of the rain and my back yard becoming a big mess when it is wet I think I'll cancel today. Wont be much fun crammed into the garden shed.

I will give everyone a call to update. Thank gents for the ongoing interest in our Qld group.
If I dont get to catch up before christmas have a really good chrissy and safe new year.

Michael

Matt
30th November 2013, 08:16 AM
No need to call, I understand perfectly.

SUZUDDIS
29th December 2013, 05:56 PM
I can't believe we are at fhe end of another year !!! #$= where has it gone ?

Oh well onward and upward. Time to post for the new year and hope to have a gathering soon.was thinking Feb 2014.
As usual I am happy to host bjtI'd really liketo see what everyone else does or have some pics brought along to an event so we all can have a look.
I am free until April unless someone has an offerof fishing or sailing ??

Anyway happy holidays if you get lucky enoughto takesome time off , be safe and have a wonderful start to the new year.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
6th February 2014, 09:54 PM
I guess the forum thread should have read CobCon without the year attached.

In light of a recent request I thought we could organise another gathering.

Im thinking March . Make it a saturday ???
Thoughts ? I know not everyone will be organised for a date but I'd be willing to host.

Anyway look forward to chewing the fat.
Michael

merc300d
7th February 2014, 01:17 PM
I guess the forum thread should have read CobCon without the year attached.

In light of a recent request I thought we could organise another gathering.

Im thinking March . Make it a saturday ???
Thoughts ? I know not everyone will be organised for a date but I'd be willing to host.

Anyway look forward to chewing the fat.
Michael

Hi Michael,
March is ok for me; any Saturday will be fine. I'll bring the sausages.

Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
8th February 2014, 04:45 PM
Excellent Graeme. Thanks.
I'm trying to get Kevin (LimoMan) to come along when he is in Brisbane (March).
Maybe even Till might be able to attend as well. Might be a small fee of some oil or Bio to our out of town attendees.

Watch this space !!!

SUZUDDIS
9th February 2014, 09:49 PM
Looks like March 8th is a go.

My place. Will have a batch on or ready to go.

PM me for details.

Michael

Bueff
9th February 2014, 10:44 PM
Sounds good mate, I got it in the diary, hopefully see you then, will bring the bits for your conversion with me then if thats cool for you.

Cheers

Jens

Matt
12th February 2014, 08:50 PM
I will be there too (A complete fraudster though, running dino diesel as I have a busted achilles, no bio for me currently)

Bloody Toybota will not start either. Getting a lot p'd off

Thank you Michael, can I bring anything?

Matt

Captaincademan
13th February 2014, 02:26 PM
This probably needs a new thread, but whats the problem mate? can I help at all?

SUZUDDIS
13th February 2014, 03:21 PM
No problems Cade, all good.

looking forward to a gathering again next month. and yes we probably should have created a thread without a year in the name. Oh well.
Every day above the ground is a good day.

Michael

Bueff
13th February 2014, 03:58 PM
No problems Cade, all good.

looking forward to a gathering again next month. and yes we probably should have created a thread without a year in the name. Oh well.
Every day above the ground is a good day.

Michael

Hi Michael, just guessing here but Cade is probably talking to Matt about his Cruiser:cool:

looking forward to see you gentlemen again!

Matt
13th February 2014, 07:28 PM
Yes he is asking what he can, what a bloke. Nothing as yet mate but see you all there, what Arduino stuff would you like me to bring along?

Bueff
13th February 2014, 10:10 PM
what Arduino stuff would you like me to bring along?

I would be interested in the basics, what they do, how they work, where do the get their power from, and most important how complicated is it to put all the modules together, I am a chippie :rolleyes:

Let me know if you need a push start and I will call in before the BBQ and help out :cool: Might even give you a tow :rolleyes: Cause I can now :cool:

Captaincademan
14th February 2014, 08:06 AM
I will see how I go, I have a lot on the first half of the year, it seems like the big man just keeps winding the clock faster and faster....

I was actually referring to Matt and his cruiser!! Haha. Dont get me wrong though, I am happy to help you too Michael!

All this talk of this arduino stuff has me intrigued. didnt know it existed until I read a thread or two a few weeks back. Velly-Inter-esting.

SUZUDDIS
14th February 2014, 03:38 PM
all good mate.
looks like I will have to set up a table to show case some bits and pieces now.
My FPHE and WVO Design solenoids valves will have arrived. some Bio samples along with oil samples and now Arduino (are-dwee-no) micro processors. Jens' Centrifuge as well.

Kevin (Limoman) from down south will be here and hopefully have some oil collection stories from his recent trip around the country, Jens (Bueff) with his new 75 series ute and recent conversion.
And some new converts.

Looking like a really good turnout

Matt
14th February 2014, 06:43 PM
Hell, I will have to dig out a lot of crap then, it will do all you need. I need to bring my lapotop as well now too.

No need to get a tow, I have the pug, bio bugged (**** I hate it, the bug that is) but its running despite everything I do to it. Great little car, just need a decent IP, the Bosch one I have is 2nd hand and not great.

Anyone know how to overhaul airt con compresor? I am about to learn.

Matt

SUZUDDIS
26th February 2014, 09:39 PM
Not too far away now.
Got some good numbers and a few new members coming along.

Most should have my address by now but just PM me and ill send it out.
Again about mid morning 9.30 to 10 kickoff for a batch and then morning tea and some gatdgets to look at while the batch is running.
BBQ lunch and swap some ideas over a brew or two then stop the batch and start to settle.

Michael

merc300d
8th March 2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Michael, a big thank you for putting on another great meeting. I learned a lot and have some interesting things to follow up on.

Cheers
Graeme

weedyau
9th March 2014, 05:35 AM
Thanks for a great get together gents. Bruce

tillyfromparadise
10th March 2014, 02:16 PM
A good time was had by most.
A useful sharing of ideas.

Thank you Michael for the hospitality and the BBQ.

SUZUDDIS
11th March 2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for showing up. I just provided the venue.

Thanks to all who made the journey I was really impressed with the turn out from far and wide.
It was really good to listen to so many stories from trials and tests.

Thanks Tilly for bringing your processor along, Kevin for the many photos of the trip around Australia, jens for delivering my new fphe and valves, graeme for suppling the snags, Harvey for also bringing meat and Bruces lovely wife for the bread.

Hopefully everyone had something to gain but more so to swap ideas and say hello.

Until the next gathering have a great month.
Regards Michael

SUZUDDIS
7th September 2014, 05:00 PM
Well it's almost gone again and we haven't had another gathering.

Is anyone out there looking to host a gathering or know of someone thinking of having a great day ?

Michael

Captaincademan
8th September 2014, 08:01 AM
Hi Guys,

once I get my new shed built and my new setup running (I am going to go for the clinical clean look this time! as opposed to the bustard-arss-dont-care-if-its-broken-i-will-still-get-it-to-work look I had for the last 8 years) I wouldnt mind hosting again.

that will be a little way off though, could be 6 months or so.

I have moved to north west of brisbane, so it is still in the 'catchment' area!

By the way, I just tipped over 200,000 km on snake oil. very happy with that.

Well it's almost gone again and we haven't had another gathering.

Is anyone out there looking to host a gathering or know of someone thinking of having a great day ?

Michael

Bueff
8th September 2014, 04:36 PM
I would put my hand up, if you guys are happy to come south of the border, don't forget your passports though :-)

SUZUDDIS
9th September 2014, 12:17 PM
Road Trip !!!!!!!! :)

Might work if we do that , I'm happy to run the ute down to Lismore way before Christmas.
That way we can have another gathering before christmas and know we already have one booked for early next year to celebrate Cade's opening.

I'll have a couple of spare seats as I think Matt has already taken one. It would be an overnighter if you come with me as I'll want a drink or three.

Jens let me know ...........................

Bueff
9th September 2014, 09:23 PM
All good for a sleep over, just bring tents/swags, rubber ducks, paper aeroplanes or what ever makes you sleep well at night and a few tasty drinks and we are set. I'll get back to you re dates as I am running back and forth a be at the moment, but early November might be good, I should have my upgraded bio processor in action by then, I hope anyway :-)

merc300d
10th September 2014, 01:46 PM
All good for a sleep over, just bring tents/swags, rubber ducks, paper aeroplanes or what ever makes you sleep well at night and a few tasty drinks and we are set. I'll get back to you re dates as I am running back and forth a be at the moment, but early November might be good, I should have my upgraded bio processor in action by then, I hope anyway :-)
Hi Guys, I would love to be there time permitting. I will be in WA from 8th to 22nd November. All going well my 3m x 3m reactor shed should be up and going by late October and I will be back in business.
Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
10th September 2014, 04:54 PM
Saturday the 1st of November down Lismore way ??
I'm in if that fits with anyone else ?

Michael

Bueff
10th September 2014, 08:50 PM
Fine by me so far :-)

merc300d
11th September 2014, 06:53 PM
I can do the 1st November.:)

Cheers
Graeme

Matt
13th September 2014, 08:47 PM
I am plotting to be there too, to at least see where my / his oil goes.

Bueff
15th September 2014, 06:35 PM
Alright Gentlemen, lets do it, 1st of November near Lismore.

As I am upgrading my BIO processing gear, WVO will only play a little part in future for me, hence I will have a spring clean up and will put a few things up for sale. If you are interested in 30plate heat exchangers, pollak valves, switches and bit and pieces come along and make a reasonable offer and take it home. Also I have a collection of 44s to go to a good home for free.
Anyway, for more details send me a PM and we go from there, looking forward to see you guys soon!

Jens

SUZUDDIS
18th September 2014, 09:32 PM
Jens
Sounds fantastic so far.
Alright planning a road trip south so I'll pack my soap making kit for display. What else would you do with excess lard and oil right ?

I have some fragrances and colours so will most likely make a yellow coloured cold process soap.
Starting to look forward to another gathering again.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
20th October 2014, 01:02 PM
Two weeks time folks.
Is there numbers for this gathering ? and who wants a ride ?

I'll be going and leave from the Northside of Brisbane on the Saturday morningfairly early.

Michael

merc300d
21st October 2014, 08:43 PM
Hi Michael, count me in. I may need a lift; I had my breaks, steering box and AC overhauled last couple of week and have just discovered a leak of fluid under the car.
looks like hydraulic fluid so is probably gearbox or steering box. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Do we have the address for the meeting?
Cheers
Graeme

Matt
21st October 2014, 11:14 PM
I am in for a lift as well, just for a change so I do not have to drive to Lismore.

Bringing things to make it easier.

Matt

Bueff
22nd October 2014, 08:28 AM
Good morning Gentlemen,

looks like we have a few people keen to come over :-)

I am certainly excited.

The centrifuge is all clean and ready to go so I can give you a demo of its performance, unfortunately my new processor is still in bits, but since we have a few clever minds coming over it might be a good thing.

PM me for adress detail please,

I'll have the BBQ ready to got too, there will be a tasty drink or two as well.

Looking forward to it!

Jens

Bueff
31st October 2014, 06:03 AM
One more sleep :-)

Alright guys, I have just organised a brand new webber style BBQ and we have a new fridge in the cabin, all signals a bright green for tomorrow. I don't know what time you folks leave, but how about we meet around midday NSW time (12?) so the tourists from QLD don't have to get out of bed to early :-)

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts,

See you tomorrow!

Captaincademan
31st October 2014, 08:49 PM
One more sleep :-)

Alright guys, I have just organised a brand new webber style BBQ and we have a new fridge in the cabin, all signals a bright green for tomorrow. I don't know what time you folks leave, but how about we meet around midday NSW time (12?) so the tourists from QLD don't have to get out of bed to early :-)

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts,

See you tomorrow!

Would love to be there mate, as I am about to embark on a new bio journey myself and would love to pick the collective grey!

I have a bit too much on at the moment, between uni, work, a shed build and a new bio processing plant to build too, my goose is well and truly cooked.

i hope you all have a great day, and some great ideas come to the front.

cheers,

merc300d
5th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Jens, thanks for your hospitality while hosting the meeting. You have a wonderful piece of paradise there.
What I learned on the weekend will be very helpful to me as I set up my reactor. Probably the most interesting was your use of an eductor to accentuate mixing; I had not seen one of these things before.
I was thinking about the sudden boiling of the methanol KOH mix. I suspect that the KOH sitting at the base of the methanol tank superheated the methanol at the tank base to beyond its boiling point and when the stirrer was activated it provided just that little bit of extra energy to set the methanol at the base to boil. I notice the methanol mixer I got from Michael has a coarse screen net that contains the KOH just on top of but submerged in the methanol. This design was probably conceived to manage the heat produced from the dissolving KOH.
Thanks again Jens, catch up with you next meeting.
Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
5th November 2014, 09:14 PM
Cade
was an interesting visit having been lucky to see Jens new processor. Don't know why I didn't take a photo but wow what a beast.
Jens , photo please ? Obviously when time permits.

i made a bad batch of soap that will hopefully turn out ok.
was a nice drive down your way Jens, Lismore is a pretty country town.
Cade , you've changed jobs too , wow what a year. Hope the shed is coming along well. Can't wait to see it.

until next meeting , I hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas. Happy processing.

regards
michael

SUZUDDIS
24th May 2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Boys
it's been a while , hope everyone is safe and still somewhat happy.

Anyone organising a gathering in the Brisbane area ?
Take care

Michael

Bueff
15th December 2015, 05:59 AM
Good morning Boys,

just want to put the feelers out whether you guys would be happy to travel to Lismore once again for sausages, beers and one or two laughters :-)

Was thinking around the middle of Feb.

Have a good one!

Jens

SUZUDDIS
15th December 2015, 11:46 AM
Hi Jens

you know I'm up for it. Keep in touch and somehow I'll be in Lismore.

have a fantastic Christmas.
i have a new mobile number so I should pm it to you.

cheers
Michael

Matt
16th December 2015, 07:08 PM
I too will be there one way or another! See you soon!

merc300d
17th December 2015, 08:02 PM
Hi Jens,
I should be good to be there , look forward to catching up again.
Cheers
Graeme

SUZUDDIS
19th January 2017, 10:19 PM
What's happening boys ?

tillyfromparadise
20th January 2017, 05:07 AM
Hi Michael,

I have oil "runnin' outt'a me ears"

I am in the process of making the next twelve mnths biodiesel.
I have not made biodiesel for two years, I am currently using the biodiesel I made two years ago.

I am giving oil away to a small trucking company here in Paradise so he sells me Methanol at his cost price- $185 for a 200 litre drum.

I see your Musso is gone. I still have mine, just under 300,000km to date

Bueff
20th January 2017, 06:35 AM
Hi Michael,

I would love to host another meeting, we are currently in the middle of setting up our property in Nimbin. Once that's all done, well come on over and stay the night.

Tilly, I am happy to assist you with clearing that oil out of your ears :-)

tillyfromparadise
20th January 2017, 01:22 PM
Tilly, I am happy to assist you with clearing that oil out of your ears :-)Any time you are around Paradise just let me know, I will gladly give you 1000 Litres of minimum one year settled oil. As I recall, the titration is under 2- probably under 1.

SUZUDDIS
24th January 2017, 07:14 PM
HI Tilly and Jens

Thanks for the offer of oil. As you can see I now have a nice new Navara so no Bio. I miss the smell of burning bio in the morning.
The SsangYong had to go sadly but it didn't have a lot of KM's on it.

Jens , thanks mate just let me know and I'll take a run down south for the nite.

Captaincademan
25th January 2017, 06:49 AM
Hi Chicken....... :cool:

why not throw a bit in the Navara?? whats the worst that could go wrong???

Cue the crowd yelling in unison "gummed up pump" followed by "DPF Error" or something similar.....

in all seriousness though, I reckon its doable. given the new seals and lines on the new cars and the fact that many are now bio compatible to some degree, they probably stand a better chance of running well made bio than the older dogs we all drive. The biggest hurdle might be sensor inputs not being calibrated for different fuel burn characteristics?

probably should go in a different thread now sorry.

SUZUDDIS
28th January 2017, 05:23 PM
Hi Cade
Hmm... Not sure about that one.

Matt
5th April 2017, 07:55 PM
Beware common rail cars and rubber seals in the high pressure pump, let alone water in it!