Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got car ready to go svo

Hi all,

We have just got a diesel 2004 Prado 3.0L turbo. We are wondering if anyone out there has had experience with converting them to SVO.

What would be the best way to heat the fuel system? Can I use the existing fuel lines? Is there a need to heat the tank? The car has dual tanks already.

Where is the best place to purchase a flat plate heat exchanger and thermal switch (to go prior to the IP)? Are they expensive?

Can you set up the "run-on timer" to automatically switch over the fuel valves or is this a manual operation?

I have lots of questions at this stage as I am relatively new to it all. The next stage for me is to work out all the components I need, where to get them (in Melbourne) and then how to fit them all.

If there is anyone in Melbourne (particularly on the east side) who has done a conversion and wouldn't mind talking about it, I would like to have a chat.

Cheers, Simon

Re: Got car ready to go svo

Originally posted by simonmc View Post
    Hi all,

Where is the best place to purchase a flat plate heat exchanger and thermal switch (to go prior to the IP)? Are they expensive?

Cheers, Simon
    Contact Tony from west OZ - he is a member in this forum and a great helper too. I bought my heat exchanger from him as well as bag filters too.

Good luck

Fitian
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Working...
    X