uses for a fridge pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uses for a fridge pump

i have read about using one to suck oil into a tank, but havent read anything on putting oil into the compressor, do you set up an oil feeder to the intake or is there enough in there for it.
    could i use one as a bubblier for washing biodiesel, would i be able to extend it to drawing of the methanol for a recovery system, with a tank to collect the methanol before it gets to the pump,
    i dont know much about these except it helps keep a fridge cold, any info or feed back would be appreciated.
    cheers stuart
    just keep it simple

Re: uses for a fridge pump

It will need oil eventually as a fridge circuit contains some oil. As a bubbler it would work but be very inefficient. Would use about 200 watts to equal a couple of fish tank bubblers using about 5 watts each. Should work to recover methanol. Suck it and see.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Re: uses for a fridge pump

i had a dead pump given to me yesterday, when i opened it up, the windings are open to anything going through it,
      dont think it would last if the methanol got to it.
      cheers stuart
      just keep it simple

Comment

Working...
      X