PDA

View Full Version : Biodiesel locations for Melbourne and Victoria

Chris
12th October 2006, 10:23 PM
Hi All
I need some input from all of you out there who are keen on the broader availability as well as the use of biodiesel
I would like to have your views as to where one places outlets for biodiesel
We want to place a self contained 3000 thousand Litre stainles steel tanks as well as a pump on a platform with the appropriate safety rail around as required by Law
They will be well presented and painted green and gold with the theme centered around the environmental use of bio fuels
They will be placed around Melbourne independent fuel outlets as well as Motor repair places that have space available
We anticipate to have about 5 outlets to start of with increasing to about 20 within the next year
We anticipate that about 60,000 Litres of 100 BD a week should satisfy the Melbourne market for the present
We have done some prelimenarry work on the matter and we have some ideas
The reason for the post is to get some feedback from the members of this forum
The location of supply along the Hume all the way up to Albury is not an issue as we anticipate that three locations will be enough
However the locations within Melbourne are presenting us with a bit of an issue as to where best be located
Since I had a number of requests for biodiesel from various people here and supplied quite a few already I would like to see any suggestions from them so as to consider them first
We will definatelly have one outlet in Brunswick as well as one in the Heidelberg Preston area as we have already identified sites for them and CERES is close by
I would really appreciate any input however for other areas for our consideration so as to compare our thoughts with what people out there want

Flynn
13th October 2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Chris,

I would certainly be interested in purchasing biodiesel in the inner Eastern suburbs. Before then I would really like to make my own. I cannot find when the next meeting of the Melbourne Biodiesel club is and would like to become a member and learn how to do it.

Can you please advise?

Regards,

J;) hn Flynn

jamard
13th October 2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Chris,

Definatley interested in the eastern suburbs. Any idea on time frames for these areas?

Cheers

James

Chris
13th October 2006, 06:04 PM
Hi guys
Just to make it clear this is a bit of low cost market reaserch I have already said that Brunswick and Heidelberg Preston are on in a month or so
I am looking for input from all the wanderfull people here as it will be helpful
If I get another 5-6 people saying eastern suburbs I see no reason why we would not do it next

Fletch582
14th October 2006, 08:00 PM
Hello Chris,
I live in Gippsland and would love BD to be available in this area.
My closest main town is Sale but maybe Traralgon, Warragul or anywhere in between would be suitable for users in this area.
regards.
Fletch582

Stan
14th October 2006, 10:06 PM
Hello CHRIS
Would like to see an outlet in the Ringwood , Nunawading area
Stan

Dodge
14th October 2006, 10:24 PM
Codstream may be a good place the melba hwy and maroondah hwy meet there.:)

Ken W
15th October 2006, 04:40 PM
Definately in the Eastern Suburbs - Mitcham / Ringwood / Blackburn / Nunawading areas would be excellent

Ken W

nafta
15th October 2006, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

Yes, I would also like to see a depot in the eastern or south eastern area say Glen Waverley area!!

TeenyB
15th October 2006, 10:53 PM
Right on John Flynn!

I’d be there tomorrow if only I could locate an outlet! CERES would be great, just around the corner from me. (So too I suspect is PM who I understand “charges $300/hr for advice you can get here, plus $60.00 for the Manual”.)

Right on too re Melb. Bd Club. I tried to join but was directed to “keep an eye on the website for the next meeting and come and join”. It’s so deep underground the combined forces of ASIO the CIA and probably the KGB will never find it (let alone the boffins the ATO).

If I’m being too harsh or too cynical, can someone please let me know on 0414 289 444? I’m prepared to cop a lot of shite to find out when and where the meetings are and to see a real working Bd Plant in someone’s back-yard which I can replicate in my back-yard!

Best wishes,

TeenyB

jamard
16th October 2006, 03:51 PM
Gentlemen,

Can't tell you exactly when the next MBDC meeting is on because it hasn't been set down yet. But the information will be on the site shortly after it is decided and it probably will be posted in this forum also.

This thread seems to be getting some attention from people in the east. Things look good Chris!

cheers

J

Flynn
17th October 2006, 09:36 AM
Dear Friends,

Keen to get to speak with anyone experienced in running an old 300TD Benz on biodiesel - just bought a fine old thing and want to make a smaller footpring on our poor planet.

JPF:rolleyes:

Chris
17th October 2006, 10:20 AM
Right on John Flynn!

I’d be there tomorrow if only I could locate an outlet! CERES would be great, just around the corner from me. (So too I suspect is PM who I understand “charges $300/hr for advice you can get here, plus $60.00 for the Manual”.)
Snip
You have done your homework my man on the master of "biodiesel production" He has said in public "there are only two people who can make biodiesel in this country"
His Highness as well as a lesser mortal in South Australia

Right on too re Melb. Bd Club. I tried to join but was directed to “keep an eye on the website for the next meeting and come and join”. It’s so deep underground the combined forces of ASIO the CIA and probably the KGB will never find it (let alone the boffins the ATO).
Snip
Wait until His highness latches on to the $ 60 K purportedly "Gifted to the club" so as to set up a biodiesel production facility
It will then have to be in the open and you dont have to look for it
You will then be charged a small fortune to learn how to make "biodiesel by the master" who will of course be keeping most of it for himself
Besides that, if you want to take up another course it will be for "proffesional plant operators"
More money, and what do you think the club will get? Nix
As part of the proposal to build a plant for the club at a "bargain price" the rights to use the club facilities to train "plant operators" there free of charge is also part of the "deal"
No there are no "Specifications" for the plant
We do not have capacities submitted as yet but it will cost $ 58 K said the guy that will built it
It comes with options, Access is only in the presence of the master himself until there are sufficient people who know what they are doing About a Year later if they are any good said the man
Now you can have a guess who that person will be
When the suggestion was made by me that we need a specification as well as that the construction of it should go out to tender Well you should have heard His Highness
Except of course the good work done for free by Darren Leonads for the design of the building which was submitted at the last meeting including a budget
Can you tell the difference between proffesionalism and blatant opportunism?

If I’m being too harsh or too cynical, can someone please let me know on 0414 289 444? I’m prepared to cop a lot of shite to find out when and where the meetings are and to see a real working Bd Plant in someone’s back-yard which I can replicate in my back-yard!
Snip
No mate I would have thought that you been rather succint You will not be coping shite, But you will be bombarded with the greatness of the self appointed master of the art
You need to join man so we can get some strength as well as some sanity into a very worthwhile cause
The hard work of Darren and Rose as well as Daniel as well as others is slowly been erroded away, if we don't stand up the MBD will be turned into a private fiefdom
Yes there will be an outlet in Brunswick we are looking at somewhere around Nicholson street
Best wishes,

TeenyB
Best wishes to you to I am looking forward to you joining up

Flubber
17th October 2006, 04:05 PM
I'd like to add my vote for a site in the Eastern 'burbs, though i don't have a car at the moment. I should have a diesel by the time your outlet is operational.

Cheers!

BTW, I had no problem finding the MBC and joined up in July. The rest is off-topic.

RASTEVE
18th October 2006, 06:32 PM
Dear Friends,

Keen to get to speak with anyone experienced in running an old 300TD Benz on biodiesel - just bought a fine old thing and want to make a smaller footpring on our poor planet.

The first batch of bio I made went through my mates coughing and spluttering 240D. He maintains it was the best tank of fuel he ever put through it and he's been on my back to get him some more of it, but I just haven't been able to make it fast enough. I built a new processor last weekend though and managed to churn out more diesel than I could use in 2 months!!

Your 300TD will love it.

Cheers, Steve.

Cameron
22nd October 2006, 03:34 AM
Hi Chris and Mebourne bio crew,
I will be down from Sydney next Sunday week - Sunday 29th October - on my way to Tassie for a holiday.

Can anyone help me out with a tank of bio that day? I want to make sure that I am running on the good oil!

Cheers,
Cameron
Sydney Biodiesel

Chris
22nd October 2006, 10:11 AM
Cam
No worries Any amount up to 30 K L is ok any more than that you got gives us a couple of days notice

Cameron
23rd October 2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks Chris - 30,000 litres - not bad!!

I don't think I will be needing that much for a camping trip around Tassie! Just a long range tank full for my landie should do it! And another for the trip home when I get back off the ferry all relaxed ....

I will give you a yell and organise a pick up - thanks mate.

Cheers,
Cam

Nikbot
23rd October 2006, 05:48 PM
Well I live in Fitzroy so the city would be good for me, but i don't mind going out to Brunswick for a cuppa at the ceres cafe and a long range tank of BD.

Give a thought to the inner west, everyone knows that the area to head to for cheap fuel, so you already have people willing to travel to that area.

Any idea on a launch date yet?

TeenyB
24th October 2006, 09:32 PM
Dear Chris,

How come some drop-in from up North in a clackety old Land-Rover can get seemingly unlimited supplies to put in his tank as he drives through from Sydney when I (living in Brunswick) can’t even get ˝ litre in a jam jar just to look at and marvel?!

Cheers,

TeenyB

Nil desperandum!

PS: I enjoyed your earlier comments and look forward to further snide snippet swapping.

Tony From West Oz
24th October 2006, 11:07 PM
Didn't you get to the MBC day at Ceres?
Are you an MBC member?

Why not?

Chris
25th October 2006, 12:00 PM
Tenney
There will be a 20 L drum of B100 waiting for you to collect at Euro Star automotive workshop in Weston street Brunswick between Lygon and Nicholson streets
I will deliver it there tonight and you can have it With my compliments so you can marvel at it or may be use it in your car
Now stop whinging

Flynn
26th October 2006, 09:25 AM
The first batch of bio I made went through my mates coughing and spluttering 240D. He maintains it was the best tank of fuel he ever put through it and he's been on my back to get him some more of it, but I just haven't been able to make it fast enough. I built a new processor last weekend though and managed to churn out more diesel than I could use in 2 months!!

Your 300TD will love it.

Cheers, Steve.
Hi Steve,

I would love to get my hands on some and then start producing myself if the old girl likes it? Do you sell? Where are you and can we talk?

John

nafta
27th October 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm not sue if this is the right forum, but I'd appreciate members advise on the actual benefits of using biodiesel. I understand the enviromental benefits and a numbr of members have stated how much better their vehicles run with the new fuel.

On this issue could you explain specifically how biodiesel has improved the performance i.e.:-

1. Is there a better performance over 'dino' diesel, and if so what are the benefits?
2. Does biodiesel have the effect of cleaning out (given that it is a solvent) the injector nozzles and as a result running much smoother?
3. I read somewhere that biosiesel does 'clean out' the carbon build up in cylinders. Is that coorect?
4. Is the biodiesel more economical i.e. better fuel consumption?
5. Any other benefits that members have experienced would be appreciated.

Has the next meeting date been set? If so I would like to attend and become a financial member. What are the fees?

Thanks all for your in put. I have been enjoying the comments and have been most helpful.

I've been driving diesels for the last 15 years the first being a w123 sedan and now a w124 sedan. Wouldn't drive anything but a diesel. Now we are seeing that the travelling community are realising he great benefits of diesel cars.

Cheers
Nafta

balm
31st October 2006, 02:05 PM
I'm new and recently bought a 300TD to run Biodiesel.
I'd like to become a member of the MBC. Do I need to wait until the next meeting to do so?
Also would like to know if there are any Biodiesel enthusiasts on the West coast of Victoria.. say between Geelong and the Otways. I'm keen to meet thy makers or start up something on this side of town.

darren leonadas
1st November 2006, 09:21 AM
Dear Friends,

Hi FlYnn, Ive been running a 1980 300TD on B100, and ocassionally on blends as low as B50, for over two years now.
The car runs better. Tips 1. allways carry an inline fuel filtre in the glovebox. The benz one costs about $3.- and any old auto part one can cost as little as $1.-. The BD will clean your fuel system and dump **** in the filtre, then one day you'll feel like your running out of fuel and it will be the filtre clogging so pull over with phillips head screwdriver in hand change the part and on your way.
No changes need to be made to this chunky 5 cyclinder donk,. none at all, and the only rubber you will see decompose is the gromet around the filler cap, and this will take two years.
Go THE MERC.

darren leonadas
1st November 2006, 09:31 AM
Re: Servos selling BD in Melbourne, , Just got of the phone from one of the guys at SAFF Fuels, They're full steam ahead with moving into melbournes market place, and their first servo opens mid november in the inner eastern burbs. for further enquiries google SAFF fuels.
Re; Next meeting of the club, for newbies to join. The only planned meetings for the near future is for key admin (well done james, ric, dave). So after that LETS HAVE A MBDC CHRISTMAS PARTY, to facilitate signing up the newbies, and to have a little fun. To make suggestions of a time and place - start a new thread "MBDC social meet". Howabout cup day with a calcutter and sweep to raise funds for the club???.
Cheers all Darren..

darren leonadas
1st November 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm not sue if this is the right forum, but I'd appreciate members advise on the actual benefits of using biodiesel. I understand the enviromental benefits and a numbr of members have stated how much better their vehicles run with the new fuel.

On this issue could you explain specifically how biodiesel has improved the performance i.e.:-

1. Is there a better performance over 'dino' diesel, and if so what are the benefits?
2. Does biodiesel have the effect of cleaning out (given that it is a solvent) the injector nozzles and as a result running much smoother?
3. I read somewhere that biosiesel does 'clean out' the carbon build up in cylinders. Is that coorect?
4. Is the biodiesel more economical i.e. better fuel consumption?
5. Any other benefits that members have experienced would be appreciated.

Has the next meeting date been set? If so I would like to attend and become a financial member. What are the fees?

Thanks all for your in put. I have been enjoying the comments and have been most helpful.

I've been driving diesels for the last 15 years the first being a w123 sedan and now a w124 sedan. Wouldn't drive anything but a diesel. Now we are seeing that the travelling community are realising he great benefits of diesel cars.

Cheers
Nafta

Nafta, Is not personally contributing to global climate change not enough to convince you?? THE ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES??WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO CONVINCE YOU THAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR PRECIOUS CAR:( :( :( ??????

jamard
1st November 2006, 10:17 AM
Re: Servos selling BD in Melbourne, , Just got of the phone from one of the guys at SAFF Fuels, They're full steam ahead with moving into melbournes market place, and their first servo opens mid november in the inner eastern burbs. for further enquiries google SAFF fuels.
Re; Next meeting of the club, for newbies to join. The only planned meetings for the near future is for key admin (well done james, ric, dave). So after that LETS HAVE A MBDC CHRISTMAS PARTY, to facilitate signing up the newbies, and to have a little fun. To make suggestions of a time and place - start a new thread "MBDC social meet". Howabout cup day with a calcutter and sweep to raise funds for the club???.
Cheers all Darren..
G'day Darren,

Good to see you back in the forum. Cup day is a good suggestion

Flubber
1st November 2006, 11:55 AM
I'm new and recently bought a 300TD to run Biodiesel.
I'd like to become a member of the MBC. Do I need to wait until the next meeting to do so?
Also would like to know if there are any Biodiesel enthusiasts on the West coast of Victoria.. say between Geelong and the Otways. I'm keen to meet thy makers or start up something on this side of town.

Hi,
Can't help with the locations question but if you register at Melbourne Biodiesel Club - Helping Melbourne and Australia with Biodiesel - Home (http://www.melbournebiodiesel.org), you'll get notice of MBC meetings and can become financial at the next one you attend. Enjoy!

Flynn
2nd November 2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Darren, Excellent, thanks for the advice. I now need to look at some set ups and production plants folks have made. I would also like to join the MDC. Do any members sell the stuff until I can get myself set up?

Regards,

John Flynn (I live in Ashwood/Burwood).

Strongwill
15th November 2006, 06:02 AM
Shane here, i live in Carnegie. Yet I think a good centre would be Moorabbin Comercial district.

Spiz
15th November 2006, 10:34 PM
Just arrived in Melbourne and looking forward to filling my 95 1HZ Landcruiser with the good oil. Eastern burbs would be good for me but I'm willing to travel for the cause..... Also interested in the social meet for new members.