Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel locations for Melbourne and Victoria

Hi All
    I need some input from all of you out there who are keen on the broader availability as well as the use of biodiesel
    I would like to have your views as to where one places outlets for biodiesel
    We want to place a self contained 3000 thousand Litre stainles steel tanks as well as a pump on a platform with the appropriate safety rail around as required by Law
    They will be well presented and painted green and gold with the theme centered around the environmental use of bio fuels
    They will be placed around Melbourne independent fuel outlets as well as Motor repair places that have space available
    We anticipate to have about 5 outlets to start of with increasing to about 20 within the next year
    We anticipate that about 60,000 Litres of 100 BD a week should satisfy the Melbourne market for the present
    We have done some prelimenarry work on the matter and we have some ideas
    The reason for the post is to get some feedback from the members of this forum
    The location of supply along the Hume all the way up to Albury is not an issue as we anticipate that three locations will be enough
    However the locations within Melbourne are presenting us with a bit of an issue as to where best be located
    Since I had a number of requests for biodiesel from various people here and supplied quite a few already I would like to see any suggestions from them so as to consider them first
    We will definatelly have one outlet in Brunswick as well as one in the Heidelberg Preston area as we have already identified sites for them and CERES is close by
    I would really appreciate any input however for other areas for our consideration so as to compare our thoughts with what people out there want
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris; 13 October 2006, 10:02 AM.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Never give up :)

Re: Biodiesel locations for Melbourne and Victoria

Hi Chris,

I would certainly be interested in purchasing biodiesel in the inner Eastern suburbs. Before then I would really like to make my own. I cannot find when the next meeting of the Melbourne Biodiesel club is and would like to become a member and learn how to do it.

Can you please advise?

Regards,

J hn Flynn

Comment

Hi Chris,

Definatley interested in the eastern suburbs. Any idea on time frames for these areas?

Cheers

James

Comment

Hi guys
        Just to make it clear this is a bit of low cost market reaserch I have already said that Brunswick and Heidelberg Preston are on in a month or so
        I am looking for input from all the wanderfull people here as it will be helpful
        If I get another 5-6 people saying eastern suburbs I see no reason why we would not do it next
        Cheers
        Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,
          I live in Gippsland and would love BD to be available in this area.
          My closest main town is Sale but maybe Traralgon, Warragul or anywhere in between would be suitable for users in this area.
          regards.
          Fletch582

Comment

Hello CHRIS
            Would like to see an outlet in the Ringwood , Nunawading area
            Stan

Comment

Codstream may be a good place the melba hwy and maroondah hwy meet there.

Comment

Definately in the Eastern Suburbs - Mitcham / Ringwood / Blackburn / Nunawading areas would be excellent

Ken W

Comment

Hi all,

Yes, I would also like to see a depot in the eastern or south eastern area say Glen Waverley area!!

Comment

Right on John Flynn!

I’d be there tomorrow if only I could locate an outlet! CERES would be great, just around the corner from me. (So too I suspect is PM who I understand “charges $300/hr for advice you can get here, plus $60.00 for the Manual”.)

Right on too re Melb. Bd Club. I tried to join but was directed to “keep an eye on the website for the next meeting and come and join”. It’s so deep underground the combined forces of ASIO the CIA and probably the KGB will never find it (let alone the boffins the ATO).

If I’m being too harsh or too cynical, can someone please let me know on 0414 289 444? I’m prepared to cop a lot of shite to find out when and where the meetings are and to see a real working Bd Plant in someone’s back-yard which I can replicate in my back-yard!

Best wishes,

TeenyB

Comment

Gentlemen,

Can't tell you exactly when the next MBDC meeting is on because it hasn't been set down yet. But the information will be on the site shortly after it is decided and it probably will be posted in this forum also.

This thread seems to be getting some attention from people in the east. Things look good Chris!

cheers

J

Comment

Dear Friends,

Keen to get to speak with anyone experienced in running an old 300TD Benz on biodiesel - just bought a fine old thing and want to make a smaller footpring on our poor planet.

JPF

Comment

Originally posted by TeenyB View Post
                          Right on John Flynn!

I’d be there tomorrow if only I could locate an outlet! CERES would be great, just around the corner from me. (So too I suspect is PM who I understand “charges $300/hr for advice you can get here, plus $60.00 for the Manual”.)
                          Snip
                          You have done your homework my man on the master of "biodiesel production" He has said in public "there are only two people who can make biodiesel in this country"
                          His Highness as well as a lesser mortal in South Australia

Right on too re Melb. Bd Club. I tried to join but was directed to “keep an eye on the website for the next meeting and come and join”. It’s so deep underground the combined forces of ASIO the CIA and probably the KGB will never find it (let alone the boffins the ATO).
                          Snip
                          Wait until His highness latches on to the $ 60 K purportedly "Gifted to the club" so as to set up a biodiesel production facility
                          It will then have to be in the open and you dont have to look for it
                          You will then be charged a small fortune to learn how to make "biodiesel by the master" who will of course be keeping most of it for himself
                          Besides that, if you want to take up another course it will be for "proffesional plant operators"
                          More money, and what do you think the club will get? Nix
                          As part of the proposal to build a plant for the club at a "bargain price" the rights to use the club facilities to train "plant operators" there free of charge is also part of the "deal"
                          No there are no "Specifications" for the plant
                          We do not have capacities submitted as yet but it will cost $ 58 K said the guy that will built it
                          It comes with options, Access is only in the presence of the master himself until there are sufficient people who know what they are doing About a Year later if they are any good said the man
                          Now you can have a guess who that person will be
                          When the suggestion was made by me that we need a specification as well as that the construction of it should go out to tender Well you should have heard His Highness
                          Except of course the good work done for free by Darren Leonads for the design of the building which was submitted at the last meeting including a budget
                          Can you tell the difference between proffesionalism and blatant opportunism?

If I’m being too harsh or too cynical, can someone please let me know on 0414 289 444? I’m prepared to cop a lot of shite to find out when and where the meetings are and to see a real working Bd Plant in someone’s back-yard which I can replicate in my back-yard!
                          Snip
                          No mate I would have thought that you been rather succint You will not be coping shite, But you will be bombarded with the greatness of the self appointed master of the art
                          You need to join man so we can get some strength as well as some sanity into a very worthwhile cause
                          The hard work of Darren and Rose as well as Daniel as well as others is slowly been erroded away, if we don't stand up the MBD will be turned into a private fiefdom
                          Yes there will be an outlet in Brunswick we are looking at somewhere around Nicholson street
                          Best wishes,

TeenyB
                          Best wishes to you to I am looking forward to you joining up
                          Cheers
                          Chris

Comment

I'd like to add my vote for a site in the Eastern 'burbs, though i don't have a car at the moment. I should have a diesel by the time your outlet is operational.

Cheers!

BTW, I had no problem finding the MBC and joined up in July. The rest is off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn View Post
                              Dear Friends,

Keen to get to speak with anyone experienced in running an old 300TD Benz on biodiesel - just bought a fine old thing and want to make a smaller footpring on our poor planet.

JPF
                              The first batch of bio I made went through my mates coughing and spluttering 240D. He maintains it was the best tank of fuel he ever put through it and he's been on my back to get him some more of it, but I just haven't been able to make it fast enough. I built a new processor last weekend though and managed to churn out more diesel than I could use in 2 months!!

Your 300TD will love it.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X