PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

Sparkyvacdr
1st May 2015, 06:03 PM
G'day everyone.
I'm so new on this forum I don't even own a diesel vehicle.
Is there anyone with surplus veg oil in the Northwest of Tas? Where do I start with all this information? Seems like you can buy any modern diesel car and use / make bio fuel. I'm keen on having a go and even running a generator on it.

Tony From West Oz
1st May 2015, 10:34 PM
Sparky,
I hope you don't mind, but I have moved your post into it's own thread and re-named it.

Have a look around the forum and check out the threads :
http://Vehicles running on Biodiesel - issues - mileage/time
and
http://Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil
To see vehicles other members here are using, and what fuel they are using.
Many people are reluctant to buy a near new vehicle and chance major issues with it when using home made fuels. They, like I, start with an older vehicle and get used to the issues that can occur when using renewable fuels. eg Vehices which have metal fuel tanks often have a lot of "diesel bug" in the tank, which will be killed off by using these fuels and will clog the fuel filter in the first few tanks of the new fuel.

This is a learning experience. Most of the questions you think of have already been answered here. Use google to search within this site by adding "site:biofuelsforum.com" at the end of your search terms in the google input field.

Enjoy the journey,

Tony

Sparkyvacdr
3rd May 2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the move, prompt feedback, and welcome Tony.
I'm excited about this project and will read up on it here. I know one bloke in this area who does this and will pick his brains too.

Sparky

Tony From West Oz
3rd May 2015, 11:25 PM
Good oh Sparky. When you have some questions which you are unable to find answers for, please ask the members.
We really appreciate new members researching their questions before blurting out poorly thought out questions. Then we really feel valued when sharing our knowledge.

Tony