base lye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base lye

hi guys i have just made my first batch of bio and stuffed it up.i have an emulsion that looks like a yummy milkshake which i am about to heat and treat with salt.....so can anyone tell me the correct base lye,,,,3.5 or 5.0 grams and what will the difference or consequences be on the quality of my fuel,,,,,,i live on the gold coast if the climate matters,,,,please help hehe grahame

Re: base lye

Base for Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) as its called here in Oz (yanks call it Lye) should be 5 grams plus titration for each litre of oil you are going to use.

What did you titrate the oil to be before you made the batch? You did titrate?

Go upto the main forum into making biodiesel and more people will help than just me!

Reagrds,
    Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Re: base lye

Originally posted by grahame View Post
      hi guys i have just made my first batch of bio and stuffed it up.i have an emulsion that looks like a yummy milkshake which i am about to heat and treat with salt.....so can anyone tell me the correct base lye,,,,3.5 or 5.0 grams and what will the difference or consequences be on the quality of my fuel,,,,,,i live on the gold coast if the climate matters,,,,please help hehe grahame
      im on the gold coast and is interresting in working with some one to make diesel,would you be happy with a partner is so let me now
      regards
      ricky

Comment

Working...
      X