• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's Everyone Going?

Just wondering where you all are up to.

Anyone making?
    Still building?

If you don't already know I have finally gone to KOH and starting to experiment with Waterless Washing. Which is having mixed results but I feel could be the way to go for me.
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Re: How's Everyone Going?

Just recovered from a bout of oleosis. Now back into liquid gold.

Comment

Just washing my 4th 80L batch today. I'm loving it, the car's loving it, the pocket and environment are loving it too. The only ones who aren't loving it are the ATO!!

I'm wanting to move to a waterless wash process eventually. For me one of the downsides to making biodiesel is the amount of water I have to use, so I'm keen to hear more HDJ80 (I've seen your other threads, but keep it coming!)
      Sean

Comment

Originally posted by pangit View Post
        Just washing my 4th 80L batch today. I'm loving it, the car's loving it, the pocket and environment are loving it too. The only ones who aren't loving it are the ATO!!

I'm wanting to move to a waterless wash process eventually. For me one of the downsides to making biodiesel is the amount of water I have to use, so I'm keen to hear more HDJ80 (I've seen your other threads, but keep it coming!)
        Excellent...
        The waterless washing is the go everyone should consider it. However I am having some drama's getting rid of all the soap in fact I am redesigning my washtank to accommodate the new wash process, basically filtering is a must and with no heat. My washtank was designed for water washing and I was pumping/filtering via the standpipe so the bottom where all the soap was was not getting filtered. I suppose I could have let the fuel settle the soap to the bottom but I have decided that I want to filter it all. It may mean that I get a second tank and filter between the 2 but time and money will tell.
        HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
        Canberra

Comment

My plans have been put on the back burner, the Real Estate agent is conducting open houses every weekend as the landlord has decided to put the house i am living in on the market.

Comment

Hey All.
            We made a batch with some hideous oil we got from a chicken joint in Civic. It had chunks of chicken and goo in it. Titrated at 5.1. Got rid a lot of our KOH. But the bus loves it. Goes really well. Must be a lot of chicken fat back into the cotton seed??
            What about a cone bottom wash tank Pete?? Makes it easy to drain off the goop. I am thinking about giving it a go. Had to wash the chicken batch heaps.
            I haven't done much in the way of R and D on the system except I went back to the Z9 filter idea instead of the sock filter on the way out. (Been spending lots of time a our block before it gets to hot.)
            Nic0, I know how that is. I had 3 houses sold while I was renting them in an 2 year period. Get home and find a real estate agent with people looking through your house. Bugger them, your paying the rent just do it. What are they going to do? Kick you out??
            I'm looking for a cheap diesel ute or van to run around in for work. Then I will sell my cruiser and buy exactly the same but diesel. If anyone hears of a cheapie let me know. Thanks
            Chris
            96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
            93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
            90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
            Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

A couple days ago I visited Hill & Co for 220litres methanol. All good got it delivered today, np Chev28
              Anyway when I asked for the drum the guy behind the counter just said "Making Biodiesel Ha" I was taken by surprised as 4 months earlier they didn't even know what the stuff was let alone fully informed and even told me how that there are people out there with labs all setup in their garages??? he said that they get 5 guy's a week coming into the shop buying methanol for biodiesel production..... Where are they all??? got me stuffed.

Bloody hell Guy's I am now out of the promoting biodiesel production because the time may not be that far away where we are fighting others for our wvo or it'll go to the highest bidder.
              HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
              Canberra

Comment

Yeah, stop it Pete!!!!

Oil is running dry (or very expensive) up North.

All the oil is either taken away by Pete's oils, Vatman or the mysterious Mr X who pays $5 a drum.

Wanna go halves and buy a restaurant?

By the way, "Ha" was the guy laughing as he stuck you for another $297!

Comment

My reactor vessel is being welded as we speak - had to get someone to do it for me as I drive a desk unfortunately. Just collecting the last bits and pieces of equipment before I make my first batch. Probably be up and running in the next 2 weeks. The trouble is life seems to interfere with my projects. Sigh!

Looking forward to "tasting" my first brew.

Comment

Working...
                  X