Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Plus Stations Selling B20 ?

hi,

The Volume Plus station on Windsor Road, Vineyard, NS Sydney, is currently selling what is claimed to be B20. The station operator claims that the owner of Volume Plus has converted all of his stations to sell the B20 mix.
    While the mix has the physical (colour, viscosity and odor - burnt and unburnt) for B20 can anyone confirm this is the real mccoy?
    and,
    do all their stations now sell this as a stock item ?

Thanks
    Roger

Re: Volume Plus Stations Selling B20 ?

Roger,

Firstly Welcome.

You will find this forum a very useful place. I hope you keep comming back to be informed and help with providing information like you have above

Something you might want to look at is http://www.biofuelsforum.com/austral...on_sydney.html

I don't want to put the frighteners on you but some of us around here would like to be better informed like you would and unfrtunatly this company and serveral others don't want to inform the public of the WHOLE truth!

Sure they tell us it is Biodiesel but thats about it!

Have a look at the other fairly longish thread and ask away someone might know or be able to help you further

But please keep comming back we will always be growing and updating information round here so the general public such as yourself who are intrested can find out as much of the truth as we can possibly get.
    Dave

Comment

I keep getting people email me directly (usually via the form on the sydneybiodiesel site) asking me for help following bad experiences with "biodiesel" from Volume Plus. The usual story is that they took their car to a mechanic when it stopped, the mechanic drained the tank, changed the filter and had to flush all the crap out of the system, then told them they were the 10th customer in that week with problems after using "biodiesel" and not to use it again. I referred them onto the same thread.

This really annoys me as it is ruining the good name of biodiesel and starting the ethanol debacle all over again. Until Volume Plus can give us all some better information either in here (yes, they have read all the stuff about them in here, but have still not responded), or to their customers at the point of sale, I would personally steer very clear of them. In fact I would say this about any fuel supplier who cannot give good information about the product that they sell.
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 31 October 2006, 08:21 PM.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Cybor legend Nerd,Man with the good tongs,TS,Tony ,Jacka,Dillyman,Skinner,and everyone else........
        How is everyone doin'.Been travelling at the speed of light...wish ...just how we wish.Sorry about being out of the loop....some serious ...and like hell serious work ahs befallen onto the lap of this alein.....all exciting stuff...hopefully soon I can get you folks to look up a site that explains it all.
        Now on the issue of Volume Plus.....man these guys need to be brought under the attention of the law.Consumers Protection should be able to get a descent case to dig into.Or maybe they are still in the pockets of the cartels.Anyways I would sound them up if I were in oz.What they are doing is down right unscrupulous business practise .Is Amber around...we need serious media intrusion here....flush em out folks...united we stand...divided we fall....folks this could be a wake up call for the industry to streamline practices....not maximise profits..... I have expressed in the past about my feeling and I kinda knew this all the way....guys put on a halloween mask and lets get the bastards honest....
        we can only do it together...knowledge is power...

Cheers
        Sauman

Will be in the loop from now on I hope...I love this forum.....

Comment

Mob at Port is currently 80%, I go in and ask before I fill up. All they have is a small sign on the bowser stating it is Bio.

The owner even commented to me, after a few tankfulls, about how they handled their own vehicles, which was basically watch the filters until the system is clean.

Would have thought it to be good if they provided some info before peole filled up.

As an aside the first tank I bought there there were no signs (they had faded in the sun, only a computer printout - not anything permanent)

I suggested that they might be opening themselves to liability becaue they had inadequate info, they said they would discuss but of course there has been no change.

As Sauman they need a bit of a serve and from his post he needs a bit of sleep :-)

Geoff
          Telegraph Point NSW
          Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
          Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

Hello Sauman
            You been eating to much curry mate?

Look stuff everybody else

On my monthly Canberra - Melbourne trip this weekend and as long as VP at Holbrook are open at 7pm tonight for a fill of whatever they sell I will be happy. At least I know where they are and it is easier than trying to find a servo in Canberra where they are all hidden in the back streets. After checking almost every servo I can find in Canberra and the adjacent bogun city in NSW there is no bio-d that anyone will own up to selling.

With the drought downunder the chances of getting any bio in the next couple of years from ceral crops or animal fat are getting worse than buckleys. Its that bad we will need to import wheat and meat from other turd world countries and that daily shower with hot water will be a thing of the past.

Comment

I have had 3 loads of fuel from VP at South Hurstville. I drained my Patrol fuel tank yesterday and there was no sign of water, sediment, gunk etc. The fuel, whatever the blend, was clean, yellow, clear of anything foreign and the the exhaust smells like a baked dinner.

I flushed it with more VP blend and couldn't disturbe anything from the bottom of the tank.

I still think there is a blockage between my sender unit and the CAV but the tank contents look great.

By the way, when a non-bio compatible fuel line swells, is it evident on the outside or does it expand inward to constrict the flow?
              George

Comment

Hi Smokey,Hi Geoff,
                Living out of a ruck sack and a machine and not knowing my next port of call.Eating curry allright mate...but the Indian Resturant stuff.Did you folks know that Indian joints in Aus also need a reprimand.They can be rip offs.Specially those ones in Sydney.Same same as the Volume plus guys.I wander and still I wander(no aint doing the ccr thing......but..."we", did stop the rain in the last 150 years).
                Samuel came to this world to us on 30/10/06 to steve-kal of this forum.Lets send these guys a years supply of BD folks.If Johny boy can give money we can share energy and knowledge.The Shangrila does exist.Let us create the dreams of our tomorrow.A better tomorrow.
                Smokey I get ya.But we gotta do something about it.I am with a group of think tanks world wide trying to come up with a module of income generation for our farmers...for that matter all farmers...all joe blogs...us.!!!Our quest might die a sorry death in it's infancy.But we did try and gave our best Samuel.
                Geoff....do need about 60 hours of undisturbed solitude.But then I guess that ,which I debate with, myself, is selfish.After the court threw a book at me just to pull authority....with a vendatta that new imperialism is right.And they understand power to people concept.....I gave up hope....it was action then onwards.
                So yes folks would be nice to have different reality show in tele that kids could watch and remember.Any takers???Where is Amber???
                Folks folks folks......stupid thing wont wipe out...I got serious clean up probs on the machine......I went on 200 odd channel actually yaking about peak oil....was so cool....I went ape.Will try and post a link here.Really ape.

So VP does,as all lots do need to get the reprimand.Keep your business honest stupid kinda thing.

Keep shining and smiling...we can only do it together.
                Cheers
                Sauman

Comment

Working...
                X