Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFF in Boronia?

HI all,
    I have been a long time viewer of the BioFuelsForum, it is all fascinating stuff.

I finally registered to see if anybody knew about the servo on the corner of Boronia Road and Scoresby Road. I drive past it everyday, and it has been closed for a while, a Caltex servo it was. Driving home yesterday and there is a SAFF ute with biodiesel written on it. The ute was there again this morning.

If anybody has information or is able to find out regarding the possibility of biodiesel being available soon, that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re: SAFF in Boronia?

Hi,

Sounds interesting. Darren mentioned in another thread that he had heard SAFF were going to have an outlet in the eastern suburbs..

Cheers

J

Originally posted by nokando View Post
    HI all,
    I have been a long time viewer of the BioFuelsForum, it is all fascinating stuff.

I finally registered to see if anybody knew about the servo on the corner of Boronia Road and Scoresby Road. I drive past it everyday, and it has been closed for a while, a Caltex servo it was. Driving home yesterday and there is a SAFF ute with biodiesel written on it. The ute was there again this morning.

If anybody has information or is able to find out regarding the possibility of biodiesel being available soon, that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

nokando if ya driving past why don't ya pull in and ask them what they are doing. then ya can report back here so we all will know what is happening.

cheers Fantom

Comment

Hi Everyone,

here ya go

Biodiesel now available in Melbourne, Victoria @ ExplorOz

Originally posted by fantom View Post
        nokando if ya driving past why don't ya pull in and ask them what they are doing. then ya can report back here so we all will know what is happening.

cheers Fantom
        jamard
        Last edited by jamard; 13 November 2006, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Someone should put it up on the biodiesel finder map then.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Called in at SAFF at Boronia They have 2 Bio Bowsers, B100 @ 116 cpl and B20 @ 118 cpl. I think I will make my own!
            Spoke to a rep from SAFF he said they are setting up a blending plant at Cranbourne . The feedstock will be Canola and Tallow Stan.

Comment

I'm Still waiting for my pal Paras, to send me a moble phone photo of myself and the SAFF dude standing at the bowser. Then i can add this to the mention i've already made on the MBDC website.
              Its such a pleasure to finally get what i wanted before i started this whole club thing, And working on numerous reactor plants and BLAH BLAH BLAH. some people dont wanna make BD, some poeple just wanna buy it, for environmental reasons, and will pay any reasonable price.
              I'm starting to realise some backyard dudes are more concerned about the environment in their hip pocket, But at the end of the day, as long as we're not burning fossil!!
              SAFF are looking for a site now on the northside so if you see a dilapidated servo contact me and i'll put you intouch with the SAFF dudes.
              DAZ.
              PS>> Paul might not like this idea, but maybe the club should forget about CERES and just open our own "club owned" SAFF signage servo station. Selling only BIOFUELS, and drums of Meth for homebrewers, and drums of denatured ethanol for petrol heads who want to follow the Brazillians lead and start doing there own backyard blending of E% petrol.
              darren leonadas
              Last edited by darren leonadas; 27 November 2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hey Daz,

Toatally agree with you. Driving out to boronia tomorrow to finally get some bio in the car. Would be in on the idea of the northside thing as well.

cheer

J

Comment

Hi,

Just got out to the SAFF in boronia. Chucked 120 litres of the b20 in. Finally got some bio in the car . Has a chat with the guy behind the counter. And he basically said that SAFF look to open about 8 outlets in a year. And they are all independents stores obviously. But SAFF wait for places like united independents to run their lease (which is 3 years) and then approach them with the deal. So darrens suggestion doesn't look far off at all by my reckoning.

cheers

j

Comment

ANy one seen the SAFF Telvision comercial yet, showing boronia, and promoting local biofuels as being good for the environment, good for the economy ETC ETC, Its good.

Comment

SAFF in Boronia?

Hi all,

Been to Boronia last Saturday,bought 100 lt B100 for my 86 model HJ61 Turbo Toyota Landcruiser.
                      Runs like a dream smoother running than on Dino Diesel, took it on the freeway up to 120 klm's/h No smoke,plenty of power, No power loss what so ever.
                      Very happy with the results,will be going back to get more A.S.A.P
                      finally have fuel that doesn't leave my garage full of smelly smoke
                      every morning.
                      As I was filling my containers I found that the Bio had a strange smell unlike the home made Bio, so when I arrived home I rang (SAFF) Australian Farmers Fuel the Bio supplier,they told me that the B100 has some additives in it he didn't want to disclose what the additives were but
                      he did say that the fuel is made from Canola & Tallow feedstock.

Cheers Frank

Comment

Any one seen the SAFF Telvision comercial yet, showing boronia, and promoting local biofuels as being good for the environment, good for the economy ETC ETC, Its good.

Hi All,
                        I haven't seen the comercial on the television yet,but I can say that I have bought fuel from the Boronia SAFF outlet & found that it works well
                        in my Toyota 86 HJ61 Turbo Landcruiser.
                        I bought 100 litres of B100 last Saturday,I came home & drained the tank of Dino Diesel first then refilled the tank with B100 I then bled the system fired it up & haven't looked back.
                        I will be going back for more soon,this time I will take several 200 litre drums with me.
                        I did notice that it had a different smell to Bio fuel made at home,so I rang Australian Farmers Fuel (SAFF) they told me that they do put an additive in the Biodiesel,he wouldn't tell me what it was though.
                        I now have a vehicle that runs smoother than it did on Dino Diesel,had it up to 120 km/h on the freeway with NO power loss,NO smokey exhaust & plenty of surplus power.
                        I highly recommend for anyone with a Diesel vehicle to try Bio Diesel B100
                        or even the B20 (SAFF) have both at the bouser at the Boronia outlet.

Cheers Frank (Biocruiser)

Comment

Working...
                        X