PDA

View Full Version : 200 Litres cooking oil,takeaway....

biofly
15th November 2006, 05:21 PM
Hi Guys, I have listed this 200 litres previously and thought someone may be interested in taking away!!. Not knowing alot about the process ,am I waisting my time? Should I just take it down to waist oil reclaimers?
Anyone that is interested or good enough to fill me on it merits as a fuel source please reply.
200 litre drum used cooking oil left dumped on our building block in Caboolture..needs a home,NO charge..has been sampled and pronounced cooking oil..
Reply with tel number/ or email/ or call 0419727636

joe
18th November 2006, 02:09 PM
Boy have I got a story about this... Watch this space...

joe
19th November 2006, 08:04 AM
HI all, I collected this "oil" on Friday afternoon and low and behold it isn't oil. I got suspicious when I had a quick whiff of it when I picked it up. To me it smelled a bit like methanol.

I got it all home, lay it down and poured a bit off the top. Hmmm this looks and smells like biodiesel. I poured a bit of the bottom and it looks and smells like glycerine. I in all I unloaded about 40 or so litres of glycerine and about 150 litres of biodiesel.

What the....I'm still tryna work out why some one would dump a completely reacted batch of biodiesel. Denys?

biofly
19th November 2006, 08:25 PM
Well good luck to you Joe.
I am pleased it worked out. I am personally pleased to get rid of it but have no clues as to its origin. It certainly seems odd that it would be
dumped...no idea...
Denys

Tony From West Oz
20th November 2006, 12:11 AM
Curioser and curioser!

Matt
20th November 2006, 08:57 PM
Who is the lucky boy then? If only we could all have one.

Matt

trooper5
18th November 2008, 09:48 AM
:Dhere in hervey bay it is getting a little harder to find w v o if someone reads from the bay maybe they could contact me on 0410342472