Citroen C4 HDi Test Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen C4 HDi Test Data

I live on a farm 20km from Lismore. So none of these figures involve being stuck in peak hour traffic. The fuel has never been less than B5.
    (1) A round trip to Brisbane (monthly) is usually 430/480k. All trips, on different fuels, Fossil Diesel (B5), B30 & B70 have been monitored & all have come up with the same figures...being; 4.1L/100km at an average of 71km/h
    (2) Blocks of 500km with no highway driving. eg; to town shopping, school, swimming. All on windy country roads. Average trip length is 27.5km. The figures for this type of driving are 4.7L/100km @ 54km/h average. Fuel used makes no difference.
    (3) From new to 5400km the average has been 4.5L/100km @59km/h average. So the conclusion to this is that the fuel used makes no difference to consumption in a 2006 model 1600cc HDi C4 Citroen...As to POWER DIFFERENCE I am having the C4 dyno tested today using Fossil diesel. The next tank full will be B100 & then Dynoed again after a trip to Bris on B100. This will probably take 2 to 3 weeks to complete but I will let youall know as soon as I know. Also the cummins 33kva gen set (37hp) has no different consumption nor does my HiLux 1989 2.8. The hilux has slightly less power but I am not going to waste money having it dynoed to find out how much less.

Re: Citroen C4 HDi Test Data

Rafe,

these are good figures. I usually get 6.5 L/100km on my trips to Canberra going 100 - 110 km/h.

I have been using B50 and B20 and could never really establish if there is any deference in power of fuel consumption. If there is it would be minor and of no consequence.

Citroen is France is using B30 on their company fleet.

I have done about 10,000km on the B20 and B50 mix and everything has been fine.

Let me know how you go with the dyno test.

Did you have any issues with BD and the particle filter?

cheers

Andreas

Comment

Thanks Andreas. Where can I get the info about Citroen France using B30. Cirtoen Australia have told me not to use above B5 as it will ruin the car so I would like to see what they have to say about this

Comment

Citroen widening their sales appeal

Maybe this is what you were looking for. Pity Australian Citroen dealers aren't as enlightened as their UK counterparts re biodiesel usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafe View Post
          I live on a farm 20km from Lismore. So none of these figures involve being stuck in peak hour traffic. The fuel has never been less than B5.
          (1) A round trip to Brisbane (monthly) is usually 430/480k. All trips, on different fuels, Fossil Diesel (B5), B30 & B70 have been monitored & all have come up with the same figures...being; 4.1L/100km at an average of 71km/h
          (2) Blocks of 500km with no highway driving. eg; to town shopping, school, swimming. All on windy country roads. Average trip length is 27.5km. The figures for this type of driving are 4.7L/100km @ 54km/h average. Fuel used makes no difference.
          (3) From new to 5400km the average has been 4.5L/100km @59km/h average. So the conclusion to this is that the fuel used makes no difference to consumption in a 2006 model 1600cc HDi C4 Citroen...As to POWER DIFFERENCE I am having the C4 dyno tested today using Fossil diesel. The next tank full will be B100 & then Dynoed again after a trip to Bris on B100. This will probably take 2 to 3 weeks to complete but I will let youall know as soon as I know. Also the cummins 33kva gen set (37hp) has no different consumption nor does my HiLux 1989 2.8. The hilux has slightly less power but I am not going to waste money having it dynoed to find out how much less.
          I will take possesion of my 2006 Citroen C4 next week here in Canberra and am looking at a move to Lismore in a couple of months. I see that BD is available at Byron Bay but where do you get servicing done in the area? I have not used diesel in the past but am comitted to making the change to the carbon-less options we have. I want to find a mechanic who is both Citroen and biodiesel friendly.
          LieseCarbon
          Biofuels Forum Newbie
          Last edited by LieseCarbon; 9 January 2007, 07:31 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Hi LieseCarbon, The nearest Citroen dealer is at Southport & they have just quoted me $450 for a 20,000k service as opposed to Brisbanes $335 for the same thing. Acording to the Citroen service schedule this is an oil change & oil filter & a good look 'round & the time alotted to do the service is 1.5 hours
            I think it's a bit rich.The SAAB service center here used to be the Citroen service center & I'll see him tomorrow when I'm in town. I'll keep you informed of how I go & what price. He seems like a nice, honest bloke & as long as no non genuine parts are used the ACCC tell me it shouldnt void the warranty if he is not the authorised service person. This link is to Citroen saying they now approve B30 Paragraph 9 http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/defaul...ticle&ID=22527

Comment

Hi LieseCarbon#2 Have seen the SAAB service person in Lismore & he showed me the service schedule for Citroen & it really is just a quick look at everything to make sure it's not dripping or loose.Drain the fuel filter & change the oil & filter $150.00 Ker-ching thank you very much. So no 480k round trip to Brisbane + $335 & a wasted day. I'm going to write to Citroen Brisbane to let them know of my intentions to have it serviced in Lismore.(It's only polite) The place is Milano Motors, 02 6621 8084, Graham. He only gave up the service agency because the Citroen software was a hideously expensive on going cost & only a hand full of Citroens in the area

Comment

Citroen C4 HDi Test Data

Hi Rafe,

just wanted to catch up with you. How is the C4 going?

Are you running it on B100 or a mix and how is the particle filter working with the biodiesel.

Best regards

Andreas

Comment

Hi Andraes, The C4 is running on B50 with no difference to power or fuel consumption. It was still averaging 4.5 l/100km at 57km/h when I last looked a few 100km ago.
                  I gave it an oil change & filter at 15,000km Using Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 as this is what Citroen tell me they use at the dealership ion Bris, where I bought it. I would have changed it at 10,000km but could not get the oil. I had the oil tested & there were high levels of iron, copper & silicone.pdf attached.
                  These readings would indicate that 20,000km is too long between oil changes

Comment

Citroen C4 HDi Test Data

Thanks Rafe for the info.

I tend to get oil changes done at 10,000 km. That is as high as I want to go with a diesel.

Comment

Working...
                    X