Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meetings

G'day all
    I was wondering if there is any meetings in Sydney for people interested in biodiesel I think I read something about it on this forum somewhere but can't find it again.
    Thanks for your time
    Scott
    PS I'll put my phone number just incase 0413 045 444

Re: meetings

Hi Scott,
    Whereabouts in Sydney are you?

We don't really have large meetings as this is primarily an online community however there are several smaller local groups starting up catch up talk biodiesel or whatever comes to mind.

Don't stick your address on here - just a suburb.

Cheers,
    Cameron

Comment

G'day Cameron
      I live at Ermington (between Parramatta and West Ryde). I'm not ready to start making biodiesel just yet but would like to start learning as much as I can for now.
      Thanks for your reply also mate. What sort of Landrover do you own?

Comment

Hey Scott,
        Once we are back from silly season duties we will be organising some workshops on biodiesel to be held at the Uni of New South Wales - people don't need to worry though as it will be advertised on this forum first so no one that is keen will miss out.

That way you and others can learn from some of the crew on here that know just about everything there is to know about making biodiesel .... we might even do some basic diesel engine info too so that people can be more familiar with what is under the bonnet. Maybe get some diesel/fuel pump experts in.

As for my landie it is a dual cab ute defender - ie a '130' with the 4 cylinder, 2.5litre '300tdi' engine...

Cheers,
        Cameron

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye on the forum so I don't miss it.
          I was tossing up between a Defender and a troopie, but a top deal for a troopie was on offer before I found any suitable defenders so I went with the troopie

Comment

How long have you had the troopie and how is it going so far?

What configuration is it? What are you planning to do with it and do you have any modifications completed, underway or planned?

Cameron

Comment

I've only had it for just under 2 years. It's the 4.2 engine with no after market turbo. The only thing that I have done to it is put a bench seat in behind the front seats for the kids. As for what it had done to it from the previous owner it's a fairly long list but the major things are, rebuilt engine and fuel system (including long range tank) Gearbox and transfer got rebuilt along with the diffs and lockers fitted front and rear. The dude also put on an alloy roof rack and 80W solar panel, roller drawers, new front seats and new bullbar and winch. The only thing that I have planned is to tidy up all the wiring for the accessories with a 12 place fuse block and fit a reversing camera that has been sitting here for more than 6 months in the box. Once I'm happy with everything on the car I'd like to start using it a bit more and do some trips with the family (can always dream anyway). Cameron was it you that got back from Tassie recently, if so how did you enjoy it and how long did you go for. I'm also interested in how you have set up your Defender (mods etc.)
              Have a good day mate
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X