Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday

(automatically updated/inserted from The Big Biofuels Blog)

Wow. I was going to apologise for not posting more and sooner from this excellent meeting, but you ever seen a kid in a sweet shop?I fired off a couple of things yesterday lunchtime from this European Biofuels Forum in Warsaw, but after listening to the papers in the morning I decided on a different approach in the afternoon. So no sneaking back to my room to post, no we were going to mingle… And after almost 20 years of semi-professional schmoozing I can honestly say that I’ve not often met a nicer bunch of people. Taking the measure of the meeting I think it may be that no-one really has any handle on who’s really important, so no one’s going to cut you dead. Also the crowd reflects the biofuels industry pretty well. Ok, there aren’t any farmers, but there’s pretty much everyone else from engine designers, who are working out where to place their bets, consultants, factory builders, and guys with technology to sell to regulators. It’s a market for ideas too, there’s no orthodoxy yet… which is a good thing, and possibly a bad thing too…So after a night sleeping on yesterday’s proceedings we’re going to round things up in the next couple of posts.The 2006 European Biofuels Forum is being held in Warsaw, Poland from 20-21 November and is organised by the World Refining Association.

More (from The Big Biofuels Blog)...
Working...
X