Volume Plus - Cronulla area B40 blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Plus - Cronulla area B40 blend

I got some fuel yesterday from the VP on Captain Cook Drive (next to the Sharks Oval).
    The operator said that it was a 60/40 blend, the 40 being biodiesel.

Re: Volume Plus - Cronulla area B40 blend

The Volume Plus at Nemingah (Tamworth), also states that they are selling a B40 blend.

Comment

I got brave based on gwalker's experiences and got 3/4 tank from VP South Hurstville. Running very smoothly so far. Fuel froth was a vibrant yellow colour, didn't stink like diesel at all.

The bowser said Biofuel Blend, manufactured to an Australian Standard (didn't note the number).

Maybe they have lifted their game?

I'll be keeping receipts for a long time to come though.
      Moved from bio to Electrons - Nissan Leaf

Comment

Filled up at Holbrook VP on Friday night on my monthly trip from Canberra to Victoria. Never had a problem with VP before however the night was very cold and raining probably only a couple of degrees C. Got to Albury and noticed a lack of power. Could only get 90kph out of the old Rocky rather than a healthy 110kph. Drove to Melbourne at 90kph. Crap wet weather so maybe the car was trying to tell me something.

Replaced the CAV filter on Saturday. Old cartridge looked OK. Spoke to manager at VP Holbrook on the return journey on Sunday who explained they were having winter problems with the mixture.

For those going to the snow remember to fill at Cooma or Jindabyne on the way through with winter diesel otherwise your bio might jell.

Comment

Can't imagine a VP blend being strong enough to have winter problems out Holbrook way. I was returning from Victoria a few months ago and filled up at VP in Cootamundra (as I had run out of my drums of B100) and had the same loss of power worries. I struggled out to the Hume Highway and filled up with dino at the next station I came to (near Yass), and regained enough power to get home at a sensible rate. God knows what they put into their fuel, and thank Hell that I only needed a reaonably small amount of VP and dino to get home. My filter was pretty horrible looking at the next change too, and is normally okay these days.

Comment

Working...
          X