SVO generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVO generator

can anyone reply with any links on how to convert stationary diesel generators to run off of veg oil. ive done a fair amount of research and still dont feel confident in what i know.

all that needs to be done is heat the SVO tank and the line... then what else? id like to know more about indirect injection systems vs direct injection systems and what is considered in either conversion. what gen (specific or general) would you recommend getting if i was planning on converting it directly to run on SVO.

Re: SVO generator

I run my gen on WVO with only slight modifications and it runs fine.

I put an extra bit of tin on it to direct some of the hot air from the engine onto the tank and fuel filter which warms them reasonably. The fuel line I haven't touched as I feel it gets plenty hot enough from the oil passing through the pump and picking up more heat at the injector.

As to what gen and what mods, it would depend on what you want it for. Are you looking for a portable or a fixed type? What size output you want? How often and for how long do you want to run it and of course most importantly, What is your budget?

Comment

Re: SVO generator

Originally posted by Huta View Post
      can anyone reply with any links on how to convert stationary diesel generators to run off of veg oil. ive done a fair amount of research and still dont feel confident in what i know.

all that needs to be done is heat the SVO tank and the line... then what else? id like to know more about indirect injection systems vs direct injection systems and what is considered in either conversion. what gen (specific or general) would you recommend getting if i was planning on converting it directly to run on SVO.
      Huta
      I thought you had a gen set already running on propane
      Is this a diesel engine running on propane or is it a gasoline engine?
      If it is a gasoline engine you may want to consider running it on waste methane gas from your food waste you generate there as well as the septic system you may have on the camp
      Cheers
      Chris
      Never give up :)

Comment

Working...
      X