Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GQ Patrol and BD

Hi all
    After several months of research, building a reactor and refining my process I have just completed my first large batch of 130l. I filled my tank up today and have done prob 100kms since. The car seems to be running fine, maybe a bit smoother if anything. Does anyone know if anything other than the norm ie filters needs to be changed or kept an eye on eg timing for 93 GQ patrol.
    I must say it gives you a great sense of satisfaction putting self produced fuel in your car and knowing that now you dont have to reley on greedy multi national blood sucking oil companies. yee hah.
    Took me a while to put it from a thought to pouring BD down my fuel pipe but its worth it in the end, would reccomend it to anyone.

Re: GQ Patrol and BD

Dr J, well done and welcome to the forum.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

I have been running mu Patrol GQ 1992for six months now on 50% biodiesel and I have just changed to 100% with no problems. I have been checking my filter regularly and have found a thin black liquid in it which I am guessing is glycerol or carbon I just empty it out clean with som metho and put it back on. We are running bio in three nissan patrols and none have had a problem , but we all carry spare fuel filters just in case. I would add a little metho to the fuel now and again to help burn any water or glycerol in your fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
        ..We are running bio in three nissan patrol...
        Maddog,
        What vintage is your oldest Patrol?
        Mine is a 9/89 GQ. I really don't know if it has the fuel hoses and seals which will tolerate BD. It was running on VP blends since August until I picked up B100 from Morris a couple of weeks ago.
        George

Comment

We are running a 1992, 1989 and 1991 and a 1993 with a brunswick diesel in it.
          I have been told that seals prior to 1996 may not tolerate biodiesel.
          I had my fuel pump replaced 2 years ago so the seals may have been changed, anyway I have also been told that it takes a long time to break down the seals and even longer if you are using blends.
          Some one told me you could lubricate the seals by adding transmission oil to your fuel, but I have not tried thos or confirmed this practise

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
            We are running a 1992, 1989 and 1991 and a 1993 with a brunswick diesel in it.
            I have been told that seals prior to 1996 may not tolerate biodiesel.
            I had my fuel pump replaced 2 years ago so the seals may have been changed, anyway I have also been told that it takes a long time to break down the seals and even longer if you are using blends.
            Some one told me you could lubricate the seals by adding transmission oil to your fuel, but I have not tried thos or confirmed this practise
            Thanks for sharing this info.

Comment

Hi I have a 1990 4.2 patrol and I am wondering what mods you did to yours if any before you started using Bio in your patrol Thanks any info will be grate

Comment

as far as im aware gwalker has not modified anything still. Most don't need mods and it really isn't a big issue with these vehicles. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
                Cheers
                Nick.
                Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X