Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience of engine damage

Hi all,
    My question is, does any body out there have any evidence that unwashed filtered Biodiesel causes damage?
    One theory i have is, mainstream mechanics do not like B.D because it is different from the norm.
    I was told by a mechanic not to use Biodiesel because it stuffed up a local guys (holden gemini).
    Maybe this car just wore out.
    Lets face it diesels do break down and fail just like petrol cars, but when a petrol car burns a valve or a piston fails we don't stop using petrol do we?
    I also heard a lady saying her mechanic would not work on her car if she ran biodiesel.

Another query i have is that i was reading an article saying that a petroleum manufacturer has been given about $20m to investigate producing Bio diesel.
    I could tell them how to do it for about $30
    Joshua tickell even wrote a book on it.
    I am sure it also said that this manufacturer does not recommend using Bd any higher than about 10% mix therefore it is only an additive to replace the lubrication lost by the reduction of sulphur in dino.

Doesn't this amount of bd already significantly reduce the emmissions, of straight dino, if so why not run 100% bd and do away with dino all together.
    Are they not trying to stifle the Biodiesel users out there and create panic amongst those thinking of using/making biodiesel.
    How much fear could negative people instill into the general public through engine horror stories to turn them off making it themselves.
    Let alone the tax you are supposed to pay on home made, no wonder none of us that make it use it in our cars.
    I just keep seeing that there are alot of arm chair scientists out there giving advice on stuff they have not tried yet.
    Not having a go but there are a lot of panicaholics around.
    It is very hard to find the facts from fiction on the internet, that is why i gave in taking advice of the net and bought a book on it instead at least it is credible.

Re: Experience of engine damage

yeah I know how you feel I could not get my tyres changed cos I run bio its all a lot of b@#$%^&t designed to scare the blind
    dumb mechanics will keep em scared fuel co &gov will keep em poor
    started on bio now on blends next a svo conversion 1986 toyota 4runner

Comment

It is no wonder why so many prople do not trust mechanics, or governments for that matter.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

It is no different to the Ethanol debate, cause it is different, cause it is cheaper the mainstream companies dont want it, so they scare the uneducated with bs.... and guess what... it works
        Save a Whale..... Collect the whole set!!!!:D

Comment

Working...
        X