No brainer of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No brainer of the day

(automatically updated/inserted from The Big Biofuels Blog)

I confidently predict, George W. Bush will announce that he will surf the rising tide of biofuels investment in the US, which he unleashed in last year's state of the Union speech and offer more concessions to biofuels producers in his next state of the Union speech. (I'm potentially going to look pretty silly, here, but let's press on)
    He's going to outline some sort of Environmental programme, too. The other questions, which may or may not get answered in that address are:
    (How) will he help to speed up the adoption of second generation biofuels technologies? In my judgement that's a Maybe
    Will he take account of the effects of diverting considerable amounts of surplus corn from the world market? In my judgement that's a No. I would be surprised if he has a passport.
    Will he do anything to make US transportation much more efficient? In my judgement he might, that would be a good way to take some of the wind out of Sen Obama's canter at the leadership.
    Will he join Kyoto: In my judgment there's more chance of a pig flying (outside of a Pink Floyd concert).

More (from The Big Biofuels Blog)...
Working...
X