Biofuel: Australian Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biofuel: Australian Government

I'm keen to understand the relationship between Australia's growing biofuel industry (both diesel and ethanol) and the Australian Government.
    So far, I understand that the government initiated a Taskforce Report in 2005. I also understand that the Premier of NSW announced plans last year to make 10% ethanol in fuel compulsary by 2011. The federal government also plans to introduce fuel tax after 2011. It has also outlined plans to achieve a 350ML target by 2010. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows anymore of the key government policies regarding biofuel, or where I could find them? Thanks.

Re: Biofuel: Australian Government

There is some stuff here

Australian Government Department of the Environment and Water Resources (Department of the Environment and Heritage) Home Page

Comment

One of the few great things our government has done fairly recently is bring all the various departments onto a front end portal.
      Go searching on australia.gov.au

That should keep you amused for hours. I had need to go sifting through there looking for some information a couple of months back and was stunned at what is freely available to the public if you are prepared to spend the time looking. As with most things related to the public service, you will find what you are looking for, it might just take a while.

Best of luck!!
      Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Comment

I think what Messalina was looking for was more of a summary of what some of the more learned biofuel folks might be able to recount to the common folk. I'd be keen to hear a summary too, as it might make it easier for many others who may browse this way to see as well. Anyone?
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows anymore of the key government policies regarding biofuel, or where I could find them?
          Apologies to all if I misinterpreted the request.
          Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            I think what Messalina was looking for was more of a summary of what some of the more learned biofuel folks might be able to recount to the common folk. I'd be keen to hear a summary too, as it might make it easier for many others who may browse this way to see as well. Anyone?
            Yes, I was hoping for a brief summary of the main government policies regarding biofuel (if anyone knew them offhand). The government webpages are highly useful also, albeit they must be waded through at a slow pace!

Comment

It seems to me that the Fed Gov policy is to screw the existing Biodiesel industry around & to intervene as much as possible, legislation wise, for that industry ...Untill the likes of BP/Shell/ExxonMobil/ Have received MORE Billions in Fed Gov grants/subsidies/ Tax lurks...above & beyond what they already get.... so as to build their own Biodiesel plants & put the current industry out of business....I mean!...How dare these uppity individuals think they can get into the business of making fuel...The cheek!!!! You just have to look at the share prices of the listed biodiesel manufacturers (codes ABJ & ARW on the ASX site) to see how their share prices have fallen since the Multi national fuel giants instructed the Howard government to put the bit about the grants scheme & Biodiesel in the 2006 Fuel Bill. Two plants have been moth balled thanks to that bit of corruption. AHHHHHH what's the use. I'm raving again. Sorry about that. Not to mention Fed Gov funding for Renewables Renewables. Renewables. Renewables. Renewables. Renewables.Renewables. In the last 4 years $144,000,000 was funneled to the coal & Oil industries for 216 projects on renewables. It just goes to show that the Gov don't know the difference between renewables (part of the solution) & non renewables which are the whole problem. I'm going to get help....I promise ... Twitch .. mumble ... twitch..twich...Bastards etc

Comment

Working...
              X