Next Sydney Picnic or Demo Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Sydney Picnic or Demo Day?

Well it has been quiet a while since we had the last one.

Thought it might be an idea to see if we could try for another one so we could get together and share

Anyway I put this out there for people to start a discussion about it and sort out a place and a date etc.
    Dave

Re: Next Sydney Picnic or Demo Day?

Hi guys,
    In another thread we have been discussing having it either at UNSW or a combo of UNSW & Centennial Park.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/buying_...ply_day-4.html

If we do it at UNSW we have the run of the place and can have the BBQ in the courtyard here whilst vehicles are parked night next to us.

If we do it as a combo with Centennial Park then we can do a fuel up in a carpark at UNSW, if Morris is up for it, either immediately before or after a picnic just a few blocks away at Centennial Park. At the moment dates of Sat 10th or Sunday 11th Feb have been flagged but we are waiting to hear from Morris about the fuel side of things.

I reckon the easist thing would be for the fuel up to happen between certain times and BEFORE the picnic so that everyone can get their fuel issues sorted and then kick back.

They are just some thoughts - others will no doubt have other ideas.

Cheers,
    Cameron
    UNSW

Comment

So I think from this and the other thread UNSW on a Sunday sounds like a plan! We can fuel and play and picnic all without having to fight others for parking and not having to change locations to do fillups if morris is up for it.

Now just a date? I think this Sunday is a little close for a lot of people to come.

End of the month or early March?
      Dave

Comment

OK agreed re the short notice now given that fuel supply is still not a certainty amongst other things.

The only Sundays I have off to do this in the next few months are:
        Sunday 11th March or
        Sunday 8th April

How do either of these dates suit?

Cheers,
        cameron

Comment

By the way I have suggested in the other B100 Buying Day thread that we should just stick with it in this thread rather than discuss it in two places at the same time.

So don't go anywhere guys!

Cameron

Comment

I'd definitely be on for it as I missed the last one. 11th March is good for me - better sooner rather than later IMHO otherwise the year is half gone!

Let's firm up a date asap as long as we can get Morris and the venue sorted.
            Sean

Comment

11th March is GREAT.

April date is Easter Sunday which is not really a good day for this for some.

and UNSW would be my preffered location for both the picnic and fill up as they can be conducted in the same place without having to go anywhere.
              Dave

Comment

so far March 11 has been good for everyone I have spoken to or had an email from.

Unless not possible for Morris let's assume that Sunday 11th March it is at UNSW. Maps and transport/parking details can be provided.

Cheers,
                Cameron

Comment

Great 11th March it is

So we going to make it a demo day as well as picnic again like the last one for the newbies

Now all we need to do is call morris and ask incase his puter is BUNG big time and he can't get on here!
                  Dave

Comment

Hey guys,
                    Called Morris and will let you know as soon as I do.

Cheers,
                    Cameron

Comment

I hope you bring Helga David, as I'd love to see her after hearing all about your trials and tribulations with her here!
                      pangit
                      Last edited by pangit; 12 February 2007, 09:54 AM.
                      Sean

Comment

Good news Team - Morris is in for the Sunday 11th March.

Now we can lock that date in and get on with organising the rest of it ...

So fuel part is sorted - now were we planning to have the BBQ here as well (easier option) or heading down the road to Centennial Park for that?

I have a 4 burner gas BBQ here on site and I might bring in an extra portable one for the vegos. if we go down the road for BBQ I will bring the portable jobbie but can't be bothered to tow the 4burner down in the trailer again!

There is a kitchenette here and toilets and plenty of space.

Have trestle tables and some stacking chairs but the tables and chairs out of th etraining room can't be taken outside onto the grass or they bring dirt back in which wrecks the carpet. Trestle tables can go to Centennial if required but someone else would have to bring the stacking chairs for the same reason as the BBQ.

BBQ here or Centennial - comments?

Cheers,
                        Cameron

Comment

Can you get a GPS reference of the planned spot so I can lock it in my mapping software on my laptop?
                          George

Comment

OK so unless we hear some strong feelings to the contrary by the end of today we will plan that we will do it all here at the Uni on Sunday 11th March.

It will be a good opportunity for everyone to check out the new home for the new organisation Australian Biofuel Users Inc. including the Training Room etc where we can hold workshops.

George - do you need a GPS reading or do you have tomtom or similar such that a street address will do?

We will also have downloadable maps and directions to the venue available from the forum/website before the day.

Cheers,
                            Cameron

Comment

I'm in for 11th of March at UNSW. From my vague knowledge of UNSW parking is scarce on weekdays and has some sort of fee. What's the deal on weekends?

Comment

Working...
                              X