Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name for Blending??

Hi all,

I don't think this should be in the off topic area but a moderator will move it needs be.

Can we collectively come up with a sexy name or TLA (three letter acronym) for blended fuel that substitutes for dino diesel? Blending of SVO/WVO and kero/ulp/ethanol = ???

SUV = souped up veg ?

I await our collective genius.

cheers, Michael

Re: Name for Blending??

Hi,

Since vegy oil is constant in the blend. We can only use the first letter of the other and the percentage next to it. For example U20 = wvo 80% + Ulp 20%. E10 = vegy + Ethanol 10%. D50 = vegy + diesel 50% etc.

Or

Use four letters VE10 for vegy + Ethanol 10%.

How does this sounds?

Regards,
    Fitian
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Hi Fitian,

Seriously good thinking, I think the V should remain to differentiate VE10 from E10 which is ULP/10%ethanol .

Not sure I'd want to use VD20, sounds like a virulent STD (sexually transmitted disease)

Since there is no leaded petrol in Oz anymore, is P a better first letter for ULP?

V = Veg oil
      D = Dino diesel
      B = Biodiesel
      P = Petrol
      K = Kerosene / Avgas / Jet fuel#1
      E = Ethanol

Composites such as Veg + Kero + ULP would be VK10U5 and so forth. Most blends would be simpler Geoff is/was running VP10 and tried VP5, David is trying to find out if VE10 will separate before putting it in his 300D, I'm currently running VP15 but was running VK10, and so on.

Thoughts anyone, does it make sense? Will we use it?

Cheers, Michael

Comment

How about Blending?

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
          How about Blending?
          I'm for that, the "KISS" principle. If we use "Blending" we all will know what it's about. Blending, to me, at least, is a very important topic and one that needs to be researched and investigated to the maximum. All the other things VP10.VP 5 etc can be handled as we communicate.
          Regards to all
          Geoff "Not a HYBRID, bt a FRYBRID shuttle!"

Comment

Originally posted by W123 x 2 View Post
            Thoughts anyone, does it make sense? Will we use it?
            Cheers, Michael
            I guess I would use it. Since I will be mixing fuels in the future to test what goes best with my car.

Cheers,

Fitian
            Fitian
            <><

Comment

Working...
            X